Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

After first 20 minutes I was confident we would win by 2 or 3. After 5 minutes of the second half I though we could lose by 2 or 3. A point will do me after the whole match. For once Emerson cost us after a rush of fog to the brain, but we can forgive after what he does game in and game out.We knew Liverpool would be strong in every tackle and today we were not. Sometimes I think Doku runs backwards when defending.He really needs to get some toughness in his game because at the moment he is just soft and a pushover.

Todays match and one point gained should act as a motivator for the run in which will end up as being Champions again.

Disappointed how the players who had a weeks rest were as poor as the ones who started against Copenhagen. We looked laboured today and were given the runaround too easily by a team who looked like they had lots more energy. Would like several players to withdraw from the shitty international games coming up, as it's another two games to add to the huge total
De Bruyne always seems to labour after being rested for a week.
It’s like his timing goes out a bit.

It’s just an observation over many games. Not a reason for todays struggles.

Wet the fucking bed yet again at Anfield. Awful 2nd half and so fortunate not to loose. Not surprised because this is usually what happens to us away to the Dippers and unfortunately I have also seen us play like this too often this season. Going to be very difficult to win the league now as I cant see Liverpool/Arsenal dropping many points and I’m not confident we will win every remaining game. Actually more confident we will retain the Champions league.

After more than 5 1/2 hours contemplating, I can't believe that wasn't given a penalty. At least we know how they felt all them years ago cos we've got away with murder tonight

After more than 5 1/2 hours contemplating, I can't believe that wasn't given a penalty. At least we know how they felt all them years ago cos we've got away with murder tonight
It might even shut up some of more rabid conspiracy minded fans who believe the league and Sky are plotting to hand deliver the title to Klopp for storyline for a day or two!

Hopefully you will see the obvious contradiction in that statement.
I might not have worded it brilliantly but the point im trying to make is having previously shown such a strong mentality to win all these trophies I wish it could have been shown in that second half today. We wilted I dont think anyone can deny that

Wet the fucking bed yet again at Anfield. Awful 2nd half and so fortunate not to loose. Not surprised because this is usually what happens to us away to the Dippers and unfortunately I have also seen us play like this too often this season. Going to be very difficult to win the league now as I cant see Liverpool/Arsenal dropping many points and I’m not confident we will win every remaining game. Actually more confident we will retain the Champions league.
Lot of good sides left in that though too. Real business end of season now and we absolutely must cut out these sloppy goals.

We just don’t look as on it to me this season. We are getting wins but something is missing, particularly in games where sides give us no time on the ball and who can turn defence into attack quickly. Our midfield was absolutely overrun at times today.

I did a little bit of daft analysis on each teams remaining fixtures

If you list all the teams City / Liverpool and Arsenal have to play and measure them based on league position - City have marginally the easier run in (based on todays league table)

City - 87
Liverpool - 85
Arsenal - 83
(Higher number indicates playing lower in the league opposition)

When you break that out between home and away - you get a really interesting thing

City have much harder home games (39) than away games (48)

Liverpool and Arsenal have much easier home games and much harder away games - Liverpools is 56H 29A arsenals is 51H 32A

It’s a fair assumption that City, Liverpool and Arsenal will drop relatively few points at home - the title is likely to be won/lost on Liverpool/Arsenals away form

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.