Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

I did a little bit of daft analysis on each teams remaining fixtures

If you list all the teams City / Liverpool and Arsenal have to play and measure them based on league position - City have marginally the easier run in (based on todays league table)

City - 87
Liverpool - 85
Arsenal - 83
(Higher number indicates playing lower in the league opposition)

When you break that out between home and away - you get a really interesting thing

City have much harder home games (39) than away games (48)

Liverpool and Arsenal have much easier home games and much harder away games - Liverpools is 56H 29A arsenals is 51H 32A

It’s a fair assumption that City, Liverpool and Arsenal will drop relatively few points at home - the title is likely to be won/lost on Liverpool/Arsenals away form
Good work.

I did a much simplified calculation,

Arse have 4 of the big 6 to play (Us, Rags, Spuds, Chelsea)

Dippers have 2 (Rags, Spuds) plus a Derby away.

We have 2 (Arse, Spuds)

Villa, Brighton and Wolves also feature heavily.

Quite a few overreactions on here tonight. I suspect most of us would have taken a draw before kick off and that’s what we got. We were also an inch from scoring a winner whilst they could only score with a penalty and kicked their best chances wide. A win would have been nice but a point behind the leaders with 10 games to go is not a disaster. It’s not in our own hands any more but Liverpool only need to drop 2 more points than us and then it is again, although beating Arsenal won’t be easy. However we’ve come back from much worse positions plenty of times.

Having reviewed the Doku incident that is never a penalty he played the ball it wasnt head height to cause injury and he withdrew his leg he barely touched McAllister but he went down like a sniper had shot him , pathetic.
The only people who think that is a penalty are Dippers and Dipper pundits so they can play the victims again , but that was an abysmal second half from us with Ake's poor back pass the catalyst for a Dipper revival.
Really cannot explain why our experienced international defenders keep on f*cking up at Klanfield and gifting them goals , the Dippers never gift us goals we have to work for them.

I don’t get the take a draw before the game idea everyone is floating about. I certainly didn’t feel that way anyway. Normally that’d be acceptable but this was a very depleted Liverpool team. If we were any way on form today we should’ve blown that side away.

A real missed opportunity that could be hugely costly come the end of the season. We were clueless in that second half. They will be absolutely thrilled with how things worked out today.

Not good enough today, literally crumbled after the Ake mistake. Can't let one mistake cause you to fall apart but it did.

Both disappointed but relieved with a point.

However... It SHOULDN'T have come to this. It's on those fucking shoddy mid season draws that meant a draw today was a disappointing result.

Crystal Palace, Chelsea, Spurs and the twats we played today at home. That's where the blame lies. 8 points we squandered in those 4 games. Not saying we should have won all those games and thus be 7 points clear but had we won 1 or 2 of those instead of draw (which we really should have done), a draw today would have been a GREAT result.

We've only ourselves to blame when you look at the bigger picture...

We have to win every game in the PL to retain the title in my view. The margins are that fine.

I'd love us to do it but Jesus Christ we've made it way harder and way more energy sapping as a result. I just can't see a treble repeat as a result. The only reason we cleaned up last season was because Arsenal choked, thus giving us 2 weeks to freshen up. We won't have this this year. Something's got to give. I just hope I'm wrong.
Wow! How dare we squander points! We must win every game. How dare we not get three points and win another title. I cannot think how I can function without us being champions.
Stop being so self entitled mate, we cannot win the title from her to eterity.

Having reviewed the Doku incident that is never a penalty he played the ball it wasnt head height to cause injury and he withdrew his leg he barely touched McAllister but he went down like a sniper had shot him , pathetic.
The only people who think that is a penalty are Dippers and Dipper pundits so they can play the victims again , but that was an abysmal second half from us with Ake's poor back pass the catalyst for a Dipper revival.
Really cannot explain why our experienced international defenders keep on f*cking up at Klanfield and gifting them goals , the Dippers never gift us goals we have to work for them.
I think the barometer is what if it happened at the other end - I think I’d want a penalty !?

The saving grace for Doku is the fact his leg is bent and Maclister clearly makes the most of it - if either of those two doesn’t happen I think it’s given

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.