Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

I re-watched the game this morning, Rodri was actually immense in the first 25 minutes of the second half, battling it on his own against red swarm when everybody else was turning into jelly in front of him.. Kovacic really made it stable for us after he was on. If Pep hade hooked off Erling instead of Kev, with Doku Alvarez and Foden upfront we might have snatched it. Pep is really doing my head in this season.

I get that there's been a decline in terms of a direct comparison to last season but thats because last season was freakishly good. It's probably the best season we'll see in our lifetimes. Add to that the lads have already brought in two trophies this year, into the quarters of the UCL, quarters of the FA cup and a point off the top with 10 to go and its not looking to bad a season in the making. in two months time we could be sat with just the two trophies picked up this season or we could be sat here with 5. Either way I don't think we can question the effort, commitment and talent of this group. We just have to accept that there's some strong challengers this year.
There was -1 in points in leauge this time last year,if anything its from about now that we kicked on,i personally think we will,in prem our last 5 fixtures are nice ,we need to get past arsenal an rest will take care of itself,we are in a great position,but it is very similar to last season points wise

It does get my goat up when the moaners/flappers/wetwipes start pointing fingers at players and the manager

We are playing in Dreamland and the best Glory days of this Great club of ours (Manchester City)
Fuck me we got 3 statues of players outside from the past 12 years and that's without the 7 seasons under Pep.
When Pep has finished his time here at Manchester City the club should have a permanent statement built into the badge like Barcelona did with the St George cross flag, Pep Guardiola the patron saint of Manchester

Not playing Dias, a treble winning lynch pin, a leader, an organiser, intelligent, great in the air etc.etc. in a game of that magnitude and intensity....??
99.99% of the time Pep is of course bob on and has the trophies and records to prove it - but....
I know he was doing his "so, so proud" of his players act last week. But you do wonder if Dias's omission was collateral damage of him having the audacity to speak out about Tront Simpleton.
We've seen how he doesn't appreciate the input of others - telling no. 2's to sit back down, his face when Delph was saying his piece, the "sit down, nobody talk". What makes him great I guess - but once in a while......
I bet the players felt a bit like "what no Dias?" too.

Reactions: PPT
If we're going to press we need to do it as a team. I thought Erling was very poor for it in the second half especially, just jogging everywhere.
We didn’t press with any cohesion. That was down to them.
They pulled and pushed us out of shape. Smashing the ball up the pitch just added to our woes.

We didn’t play to Haaland’s strengths. I would have started without a striker. There’s no guarantee that would have worked either though.
Everyone was isolated. One man presses all over the pitch.
We were running around fire fighting in the second half.

Our desire got us a point. Our composure lost us two.

Big shout for Ortega. He came out once or twice and put their strikers off from a clean hit at goal.

Also made some good saves 1v1. Brought a semblance of calm, in some part, at least.

We move.
Great shout mate he's a top draw keeper, I feel he is a little bit more direct than Ederson which sometimes suits us really hope Eddie is ok but I'm more than happy with Ortega.

not holding onto leads is making me fuming.

from the games we dropped points listed above we had the lead in all of Wolves away, Chelsea away, dippers home, dippers away, Spurs home, Palace home. thats 6 games where we had the lead and won none of them. win just two of those and now we are cruising with rivals both under immense pressure not to drop any more points.

i can accept the Villa loss easily where we were dog shit and deserved to lose probably by 2-3 goals too. but Chelsea away where we were in the lead multiple times throw away with last min pen or allow dippers back with that simple TAA long shot we didnt even try to block or this Ake-Ederson blunder now, this is brutal.
or dogshit Palace allowed back to 2-2 from 2-0 up. (Palace with two shots on target = 2 golas of course)

Erling is not able to press, how many seasons he needs to play for us before people realize that. After Kova was brought on Foden was moved into the middle as a pressing pivot and he was running a lot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.