Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

That 5-1 aggregate defeat remains our heaviest over 180 minutes. Since equalled by the dippers. However Lincoln did it without several bent decisions.
I don't think a lot of our younger/more recent supporters realise just how crap we were, and some of our older fans seem to have blanked it from their memories.

Our performance at the weekend was a million miles away from those days.

I simply don't understand how ten men can run around like absolute maniacs for ninety minutes and not appear to get tired. Their pressing from about the twentieth minute was unreal. They were forcing mistakes out of us.
And they do it match after match. No other team can do that. Not one. Not in the PL, not in Europe. So how is it possible?
So what are you implying? :-)

So what are you implying? :-)

Nothing. it really is a mystery to me.
If they're using performance-enhancing medicine, or drugs, (which is what everybody assumes) why would they have been allowed to get away with it for so long? Years? Because absolutely everybody (the authorities, the media, other teams's fans) is terrified of LFC the way that the entire neighbourhood in Little Italy was terrified of Vito Corleone??

So you fancy Liverpool to win their next 10 Premier League fixtures which would make it a run of 15 unbeaten with 14 victories?

If they do that then they'll fully deserve the title.

They won't though and it's far from over.

No but I don’t think we’ll clean sweep it

Who the fuck woke big Yaya up? His optimism transcends that of us mere mortals..

I simply don't understand how ten men can run around like absolute maniacs for ninety minutes and not appear to get tired. Their pressing from about the twentieth minute was unreal. They were forcing mistakes out of us.
And they do it match after match. No other team can do that. Not one. Not in the PL, not in Europe. So how is it possible?

Have you forgotten that most of the dippers squad has asthma ?

"we should have won"

Rubbish, first 10 minutes apart when we were superb they destroyed us.

We had no midfield, a defence that looked vulnerable every time they were attacked and a non existent forward line, Foden apart.

Haaland , KDB and Alvarez were passengers, a traffic cone would have done more work than Haaland.

This has been a magnificent team and I would never question them but for me were are not good enough this season, look tired and leggy and so predictable.
The above I agree with you wholeheartedly and yet unbelievably we still came away from that game with a draw and almost snatched a win with Doku hitting the post towards the end.
We haven’t been a patch on last seasons fluidity but we are still within one point of the leaders and yes we have a bit of a hard run in and it will be difficult for us but we have been there before and done it, so I’m not giving up hope yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.