Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Honestly the next time people go on the media thread to say about how shite they treat us they want to check this thread as its way more disrespectful, yeah we had an off day BUT we didnt lose and we are still deep in three competitions, given what we did last year and where we are atm the disrespect right here is way worse than anything the fail or any of the other shite come out with.

Great goals, are just that, great goals.. Rodri scored one to win the Champions league and secure a treble in May after clawing back arsenal in the league. So I don’t really see your point.

98th min goal for the dippers last week and late goal for the arse yest, theyve got lucky just like us, wouldnt say theyve workf it out per se
that's my point, they are winning by hook or by crook. Just when you think they've dropped points they find the reserves to nick it.

A huge bollock dropped today in choosing to slow down play and tempo in the first half when well on top and comfortable against a vastly weakened dippers team. Came back to bite us and could have easily lost by 2 or 3.
But that second half performance was one of the worst I've seen a city team produce for a long time with arguably our strongest side out and most rested mid week. Absolutely gutless from too many today going hiding and shying from the ball for most of the second half.
We cant have any complaints if we dont win the league with it being mid March and us having 3/15 points against other teams in the top 5.

But realistically.....let's have a deep analysis of what we are good at v where our current weaknesses lie...
Analysis? Nothing we can do to change the team but we're just 1 point off where we were after 28 games last season, and at that point we were 6 behind Arsenal. Now we're only 1 behind them so I'd say we're probably better off than we were at the same stage; we certainly don't have a 6 point gap to make up.

that's my point, they are winning by hook or by crook. Just when you think they've dropped points they find the reserves to nick it.
You mean like we did against the geordies? It happens doesnt mean theyve worked anything out

The weakest link in Liverpool's team was the right side of their defence (two youngsters), and we did little to create chances from there before subbing in Doku. Foden should have started on the left wing and Alvarez, or better Nunes, on the right wing.

We made a similar mistake last season when Milner played at RB and we created nothing from his side.

The current construction of our midfield is not good enough in the big games. The absence of Gundo and Grealish leaves us a bit lightweight in midfield.

Stones does really well for a CB but he isn't a proper midfielder. He should be behind or next to Rodri in big games, not ahead of him, as there is too much space for the opposition to run into.

Another problem today was that Bernardo isn't in top form right now.

On paper we had a much better team today. But Kevin and Haaland are understandably a bit inconsistent after the injuries, Bernardo isn't in top form either, Alvarez isn't a natural option on the left, some of our defenders are still making mistakes...

So, it's vital that all of Haaland, KDB, Bernardo and Grealish hit form after the international break. Will be difficult to win trophies without them playing at their best. Also, the new players should contribute more, the likes of Gvardiol, Kocacic, Nunes and Doku.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.