Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Disappointed how the players who had a weeks rest were as poor as the ones who started against Copenhagen. We looked laboured today and were given the runaround too easily by a team who looked like they had lots more energy. Would like several players to withdraw from the shitty international games coming up, as it's another two games to add to the huge total

"It's hard to criticise them" but you're not doing a bad job of it.

I don't know how long the most critical ones have been following the club but I'd love to know how they would have coped in the late '90s.

This is the best Manchester City team ever by a very long way and has achieved things that even 10 years ago were beyond my wildest dreams, so I do find it virtually impossible to criticise them.

But what I don't get are the number of people who don't understand that no matter who you are or how good you are, you're never going to be at 100% for 100% of the time and there are going to be off days. They don't deserve to be slagged off in the way that many of them are on here after a poor game - and this after an away draw at Anfield FFS.

Has anybody actually noticed that we're currently no worse off at this stage than we were at the same point last season (-1 point if you want to be pedantic), so all things considered I'd say that's pretty incredible with 2 challengers chasing the title this time around.
It is hard to criticise for the reason I pointed out and the additional ones you mentioned in the post. We can and are allowed to judge game by game and at times this season we have been poor which is inevitable after recent success/new players/injuries etc... If we all accepted mediocre performances then pep would not be in charge and the players would not be here. Standards rise and expectations with it. Hence the treble.

Also, yes we were crap in the past but that is not now so it cant be used as any kind of fan engagement in 2024. Are we lucky? Damn right. Do we feel pressure in certain games? Damn right again.

1 point worse off you say! Would be top instead of 3rd -:)

City didn’t have a great second half today against a hostile crowd and the pressure of Liverpool. It happens, we don’t make it easy for dips when they come to Manchester.

There is nobody in the Champions League that has looked better than us. Madrid struggled to beat Leipzig the other day. We are absolutely the favorites to win that competition.
As long as City don't draw the dippers they'll be fine in the CL.
Oh, hang on ..............

Don't understand how Haaland put in a world class performance at Luton up against a physical centre half ,and today wouldn't of made a Sunday pub team ,kdb spent more time flicking his fuckin hair than finding a blue shirt .
He was crap today but you’re actually wondering why there was a difference between playing against a Luton clogger versus one the best CBs in the world.
As for the KDB comment have a word with yourself. Next you’ll be telling us he wasn’t annoyed at coming off or trying his best.

I actually can’t see the logic in Alvarez starting. His touch is crap and he constantly gives the ball away. He was the weak link today as he has been on numerous occasions. He’s a good striker, but poor anywhere else. He started as Pep is clearly aware that Doku is a liability as he can’t track back. Jack obviously would start but is injured. We will work it out..
If Alvarez had cost us 50m plus I think he'd be getting a lot more flak as he's been so poor of late. But for 15m you can't really complain too much, still a good player to have in the squad

I think how poor we were had something to do with how good Liverpool were in the second half. They played at a level of intensity that is hard to match. We did well in the last 15 mins or so to grind it out.
Agreed, they were good, but I thought we got control again for the last 15 minutes, until added time at least.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.