Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

Shame we didn't convert the penalty, but I think mentally that must reassure the players that we have more than them over the course of the season. And coming away from dipper land feeling robbed is nothing new.

Still have kev to come back for example - can't imagine the dippers being level on points with us if they'd just had a month without salah or firminho, or 'our Bobby' as the sky commentary team seemed to keep referring to him.

Liverpool, sorry not scared of them based on what I've seen so far. Dare I say, I don't think it will be their year.

Thought we were fucking excellent today.

Played a ‘different’ way, dug in when needed and handled ‘Liverpool away’ with real professionalism. Showed a clear level of learning and the ability to adapt in order to get a result. Well done Pep as he’s sacrificed his philosophy there to make sure we came away with something. Mature management.

We were the better side, on their patch, and they know it. We’ve sussed them out.

Laporte was immense today and easily the best he’s played for us. Came of age.

Should have won but a point will do in the grand scheme of the season.

Top of the league with Anfield out the way and no KDB. I’ll take that.

Well said blue.

city had liverpool all sorted out but forget the end product ?? solid at the back and little work for ederson in goal and over all a very good point that we would have took before the kick off and remember all without KDB,

the only moan was mendy ?? but you could see he was not match fit but needs must for the team and shape pep wanted and it worked and the whole defence was outstanding, again questions about the referee and yellows card and fouls given to city and not liverpool shocking, and its clear they don't want manchester city running away with the league again like the head of the premier league quoted at the start of the season they are ranking up the card count already

Stats show a very even game, but only one side had any real goal scoring opportunities.

Stones and Laporte looked imperious. Mendy was a bit rusty, especially his passing, but it’s good to have him back. Always going to be a toug day in midfield, but thought once we got hold of the ball, we used it fairly well, and improved into the game. Sané was the game changer. Time to go back to SAS upfront, methinks.
season is long, rotation is key. very good performance by city, were so close. bindippers are one dimensional, gung ho in bursts, nothing special

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.