Liverpool (a) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the main reason I have a problem with Liverpool is that deep down in my heart I know that they are as special as they say they are. I love City, they are my team but I think if we are all being truly honest to ourselves, we wish we were Liverpool fans.

I feel a bit cheap that the only way we could win the title twice in the last 6 years was with tainted oil money. If our investment had come from some other sort of business, I don't know but of the top of my head lets say pools or something like that I would feel we deserved our successes a lot more.

Let's not kid ourselves either. Sterling only came for the money. Who on earth would prefer to play on a team with Champions League football with Aguero, Silva and De Bruyne over Milner, Studge and Hendo? No sane player would.

We need to know our place. We need to respect their historical status as a club founded 12 years after we were and we need to accept the favourable media coverage Liverpool get to us because they deserve it.

They aren't mawkish, sanctimonious bell ends with a severely misplaced superiority complex, they are our betters and the sooner we accept that the easier it will be.

Could be he's trying to be tongue in cheek but if he's serious, bloody hell no, I'd rather never see a football match again than support that lot.

Morning all. I'm flying in from Texas (yes, Texas) for the Burnley match on Monday. First time in Manc. Any tips on where to grab a pint before/after? Also is it wise to walk to Etihad from Piccadilly? I already have my ticket. Cheers

Just seen some scary stats in the paper.

most goals this season - Liverpool
most shots - Liverpool
most shots on target - Liverpool
Accuracy - 52% Liverpool
Most passes - 11,053 Liverpool
Most touches - 14,684 Liverpool

Will take a draw.
Accuracy of what?

How does pep get them to start fast so we don't end up with another leicester situation,we seem to take ages to settle and we won't get that time in this game
A team talk pre game and after the warm up would be a good idea. Still don't understand why he doesn't. Seems crazy to me.

A team talk pre game and after the warm up would be a good idea. Still don't understand why he doesn't. Seems crazy to me.

If he's leaving until then we're shafted. He's probably drilled it into them repeatedly over the last three days.Players must have heard hundreds if not thousands of last minute "pep" talks. They really shouldnt need one at 5.25pm today to know that we need to start this game fast.

I have a bad feeling about this game. It's the 4097th game about which I've had a bad feeling. I've got a bad feeling about George Boyd on Monday, too! And Ben Mee!

Funny thing, I never had a bad feeling about the QPR game - until about the 87th minute.

Morning all. I'm flying in from Texas (yes, Texas) for the Burnley match on Monday. First time in Manc. Any tips on where to grab a pint before/after? Also is it wise to walk to Etihad from Piccadilly? I already have my ticket. Cheers
No problem. Walk from Piccadilly every time. Don't know which pub sells Lone Star though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.