Liverpool (a) pre-match thread

Liverpool (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going over the 4-3 game from last year, pretty much all 4 goals could've easily been avoided and were through errors.
1st goal- delph gets dispossessed from a situation of control and chamberlaine is allowed to run through and shoot
2ng goal- Stones gets barged from behind from a scenario where he should have control of the situation.
3rd goal- Otamendi gives the ball needlessly to salah from the back
4th goal- Ederson clears the ball straight to salah

Such errors after errors in one game is unheard of for a team with such quality. Basically avoid these and they will be beaten as talent wise they are not on the same level, their team is all industry besides mane/salah especially that midfield. Play 4-3-3 with sterling and sane wide, aguero through the middle, the 2 silvas and dinho at mid and then stones/laporte at the centre of defense with walker and mendy(if fit) if not zinchenko. When in possession avoid giving passes to fernandinho when the team is being pressured as much as much as possible and bypass that by using the full-backs who are often free with how they try to press. Or even better try and find the silvas in between the spaces if the opportunity arises and both center backs are more than capable of that. Basically not losing the ball needlessly from the back and the team is 80% on their way to beating them.

When out of possession give the likes of mane and salah as little time as possible when on the ball by being aggressive, getting tight, double-teaming them, conceding a foul if needs be but never letting them the time to turn and run towards the goal. Napoli defended exactly like that with intensity and that 'famed' attack were nowhere to be found.

So simply, defend as a team with intensity but even more importantly no more of the needless errors at the back especially when on the ball. Seems easy but this team seems to lose all level of composure and decision making when they go to anfield hopefully tomorrow isn't the same

Last edited:
if we had options at left back i wouldnt have mendy anywhere near this game....he leaves us exposed agsinst average teams.
likewise, i wouldnt have gundogan anywhere near the starting 11 as he bottles big games and agin makes us defensively weaker

Reactions: GPB
if we had options at left back i wouldnt have mendy anywhere near this game....he leaves us exposed agsinst average teams.
likewise, i wouldnt have gundogan anywhere near the starting 11 as he bottles big games and agin makes us defensively weaker
Thanks for that. It's good to know which players you wouldn't play if we had options or injuries permitted :-)

There's absolutely zero proof he leaves us exposed. Zero. All we have to go on so far is him getting back to fitness.

Short memory as he tore the shite out of Liverpool in the 5-0.

Spot on

Agree about Mendy, great going forward but will leave us exposed against the brilliant trio. Id have Delph, he's more level headed and on such a big occasion we'll need a strong mentality. Saying that i do love the thought of Mendy creating havoc down the left. With Gundogan I don't think it would be a bad idea to have him in the midfield. Tons of experience in the big games and could be a back up to Fern when were getting over run with their press.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.