Liverpool (A) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My worry is always that he plays Liverpool at Anfield instead of the crap team they have right now.

He did the same v Rags and has form for it. Would love us to approach this game likes its WBA at home.

Guardiola doesn't underestimate Liverpool. He didn't underestimate United in December as well and was perfectly right to do so. Had we lost at United in December due to taking risks while not being at our attacking best, table would have been pretty different now, and not for good.

Tactics alone never determines the final result. Many things do. Failing to win today wouldn't mean tactics was crap or Pep over thought it again. Simplistic analyses would abound though, no doubt.

Last edited:
Given that we’ve conceded three or more at Anfield on four of the six games played there under Guardiola, it’s far from impossible as you say. Seem to have a habit of scoring worldies against us, and taking the lead early which we often struggle to come back from. Hopefully that’ll change today. It’s our best chance of winning there for a while, but they’re still a hugely dangerous opponent (especially with Mane back) so we’ll need to be at our very best.
I think people have this idea that they are down to the bare bones but only 2 of their best 11 will be missing. It’s just Van Dijk and Gomez. We have KDB and Aguero missing. So which best 11 has taken the bigger hit? They are still a very strong team and will play with an intensity that they haven’t shown in recent weeks/months. That’s what playing against City often does to teams. They can, and probably will, raise their game.

After watching Pep’s press conference and last nights result I’m sure he’ll be right on them today to put in a great performance. When contenders drop points you have to capitalise on it. Come on city

I’m in minority but actually think there should be an asterisk against these 2 seasons. It’s what I genuinely thought last season and do this.

Yes, it would be good to win one and I have got into Covid football after awhile, but no fans is different, the different subs rule, the huge midseason break, the shorter season. Plus Covid itself and the impact it has had it.

Win it or lose it, it is not the title I will remember that fondly (or expect to, who knows it could change).

However, for the players it is the same challenge, preparation etc. So for them the effort it takes to win this one could make it one if there best. The ability to train, focus, play must have been amazing during this time for them.

I think we’ll be getting back to normal by next season, so at that point we go again. If it’s our 5th then it’s great as it’s another one and means 5/10 which is a period of domination (as Chelsea are the only other team to win it more then once during that time (2)).

This all said I really hope we win today and we win the league and if I was Pep I would have thrown that question back asking whether there was Asterix against last years winners (but then I tend not to rise above things with the grace of our manager, I’d be having a proper mud slinging fight with Klopp).

Why is Ake still injured? Thankfully we haven't needed him but it would be annoying the hell out of me if we did.

The rags result last night eases the pressure on us slightly today. Even if, God forbid, we lost we would still be two points ahead of them and four ahead of the dippers, with a game in hand on both. Obviously a win would be fantastic and push us further ahead.

I’d start Aguero today. I’d just say to him give me 45 minutes flat out. Don’t give their new centre backs time to get comfortable and gain confidence.

Ive heard the Dippers have had a few injurie issues , not sure , has anyone read anything confirming this ? Just hope they arent getting their excuses in early , what football club would sink that low ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.