Liverpool (A) - Sun 16th Oct, 16:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic line-up. Not the most obvious formation but everything is fluent with Pep anyway. Bernardo will be everywhere.
Cancelo will most likely free roam in attack but he has to be ready when we get countered. A three at the back against Liverpool’s forward line is a bad idea.

I think we are in for a very pleasant afternoon. This is the very best line-up we have.

Both their fullbacks will be pinned which means they can’t get their head up and play that long dink into the channels they like. Ake needs to be good today.

While I can understand bringing in Gundogan it’s giving me flashbacks to the champions league first leg in 2018. We changed shape to bring in Gundogan to give us more control. We ended up with a lot of possession but lacked bite.

That said, the setup will work fine unless we concede early…

Wonder if it will be KDB or Bernardo wide right? Personally I hope it's KDB which would allow us to play Gundogan, Rodri and Bernardo in CM. Assume Foden will be wide left.

Defence could either be Cancelo LB with Akanji RB (most likely) or Cancelo RB with Ake LB.
I would definitely play kev on the right. Not sure pep will.

Didn't someone suggest yesterday that Foden was playing LWB with Cancelo RWB? Seems very unlikely to try that in a game of this size but there are the players in the starting 11 to play that way if we wish.

While I can understand bringing in Gundogan it’s giving me flashbacks to the champions league first leg in 2018. We changed shape to bring in Gundogan to give us more control. We ended up with a lot of possession but lacked bite.

That said, the setup will work fine unless we concede early…
Gundogan played on the right wing in that game because Sterling couldn’t handle the boos so Pep benched him.

For the love of god, please please smash these c*nts into the ground City.

My heart says 1-4

My head says Anfield crowd pursuading the ref as usual 1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.