liverpool at home (Merged)

Re: liverpool at home

jimharri said:
Blue Smarties said:
jimharri said:
Or (radical thought alert!) you could always not buy any drink. 30% of your outlay saved in one fell swoop. I'm sure the economics students at your university would applaud me for that idea.
Still £70. In the grand scheme, what's £30 when you're already paying £70?
Okay; so you help your mate/neighbour/brother/whoever to lay a new patio over the weekend for an agreed fee of, what, £200. Come sunday evening, and you're stood there after a hard weekend's graft admiring an excellently completed job. Suddenly, you're only being offered £140 due to ''things being a bit tight at the moment''. I presume that would be okay by you. After all, it's only 30%, right?
We're talking alcohol here jim, not laboring ;-)

Blue Smarties said:
jimharri said:
Blue Smarties said:
Still £70. In the grand scheme, what's £30 when you're already paying £70?
Okay; so you help your mate/neighbour/brother/whoever to lay a new patio over the weekend for an agreed fee of, what, £200. Come sunday evening, and you're stood there after a hard weekend's graft admiring an excellently completed job. Suddenly, you're only being offered £140 due to ''things being a bit tight at the moment''. I presume that would be okay by you. After all, it's only 30%, right?
Yeah; I get where you're coming from, I really do. But you said you pulled out of the Liverpool game due to you having to shell out £100. Well; regarding the ticket, there's fuck all saving to be made there (I'm shelling out £48 for Stoke the following weekend, so I sympathise!). As for the travel; short of thumbing your way to the ground (unreliable), again that's a fixed expenditure. But the booze is an ''optional extra''. Can you not go without it, if it meant you could then go to see the game? 30% is a significant saving on your outlay. I wish I could save that amount on what I'm shelling out the next weekend.

jimharri said:
Blue Smarties said:
jimharri said:
Yeah; I get where you're coming from, I really do. But you said you pulled out of the Liverpool game due to you having to shell out £100. Well; regarding the ticket, there's fuck all saving to be made there (I'm shelling out £48 for Stoke the following weekend, so I sympathise!). As for the travel; short of thumbing your way to the ground (unreliable), again that's a fixed expenditure. But the booze is an ''optional extra''. Can you not go without it, if it meant you could then go to see the game? 30% is a significant saving on your outlay. I wish I could save that amount on what I'm shelling out the next weekend.
I know what you mean mate, truth be told I only really listed the booze because I know that is a factor for a lot of fans - I've only touched alcohol during two England games this summer, I'm on a detox for uni!

I've managed to sort out two for Newcastle as i) it's cheaper ii) the old man lives up there so whenever I can, I try and sort us tickets for that

Depending how much I have left to play with I'm going to purchase tickets for the Stoke game. My thinking with that is if I'm doing Newcastle on the opening day, I'll let someone else have a 'glamour' fixture and opt for Stoke, which I think will be harder for the club to shift.

I'd love to get over to the Liverpool game, and if it had stayed on the saturday or (at a push) sunday, I'd have been there. But monday night means two days off work (no pay) as well as the flights and accommodation as well as the actual ticket. You're looking at the guts of €450-500, and I simply can't justify that. If it had stayed on the weekend, it'd be nearer to €200-250; still steep to see a game of football, but do-able.

jimharri said:
I'd love to get over to the Liverpool game, and if it had stayed on the saturday or (at a push) sunday, I'd have been there. But monday night means two days off work (no pay) as well as the flights and accommodation as well as the actual ticket. You're looking at the guts of €450-500, and I simply can't justify that. If it had stayed on the weekend, it'd be nearer to €200-250; still steep to see a game of football, but do-able.
Exactly. It's getting to the point where a ST is the cheapest option, even if you only make a handful. Hopefully with the stadium capacity increase I'll be be able to snag one either next season or the following.

jimharri said:
Stop belly aching, just move back to Manchester. Some lovely des res in Cheetham near me jim ;-)

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
jimharri said:
Stop belly aching, just move back to Manchester. Some lovely des res in Cheetham near me jim ;-)
Cheetham Hill?

KsGU6X6.gif

I'm a Moss Side/Longsght lad, the true ''des res'' part of God's own city.

Liverpool Suspend Tickets Sales

Cant do links

LFC official site, states that due to ongoing expension works they have supspended ticket sales until further notice

Is the game gonna be moved??

Doesn't sound good

Re: Liverpool Suspend Tickets Sales

I put it up on the Stadium Expansion thread earlier

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/168413-important-city-ticket-news" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/16 ... icket-news</a>

Their allocation may be getting reduced due to the works running slightly late and the need to relocate ST holders in the SS to their seats. Stoke are unaffected as they have only requested 1600 and as such part of the upper tier can be utilised if required.

I don't think the game will be postponed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.