Liverpool Away,Taxi to Lime St Station.

It's a dog of a place to get to,Lime street without transport and then there is the traffic to contend with.

Is it still as dodgy as it used to be the walk back to Lime street?

About 2-3 years ago i was working in Liverpool and a group of us decided to watch them play Cardiff in the league cup.The lads i was with had no experiance of football violence but i had.We were walking and went past i think it was the Albert pub.All over the road was about 200-300 scousers,all dressed in black waiting.They clocked us as we passed but one of the lads was an out of town Liverpool fan and had a Liverpool top on so no bother.

I knew it was going to kick off so told them to hurry up.Sure enough we only got about 10 yards past the group when the familiar roar went up and off it went.The lads were in shock but i made them keep walking and we came through unscathed.Some poor Cardiff fan was chased and stomped to unconciousness.I was a but suprised,even though it was Cardiff as there had been little trouble prior to the game i saw.

As per previous visits to that fair City the police were conspicious by their absence.

It's 2 miles as the crow flies, but even through St George's Park it's not a direct route, but you could walk/jog in 30 mins - but it could be raining (or snowing)... Sticking to main roads obviously means better chance of hailing a taxi but then it's two and a half miles.

Miss the 18 31 to Preston? Can't do it via Leeds - but take 18 52 to Warrington Central, taxi across to Bank Quay, and you might just make the same train to Edinburgh (and if not you'd still have the later train via Glasgow, though 21 mins Central to Queen St doesn't allow much margin...)

Or ask anyone driving back on the M62 to deliver you to Warrington Bank Quay for 19 27, or someone to Wigan for 19 38....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.