Liverpool bus damaged on journey back from Etihad Stadium today

An offensive chant is determined by how those that are targeted by it feel, not by the people using the words. Yes they have misunderstood the context (and I think they are now purposely using it to their advantage) but we're banging our heads against a brick wall trying to argue it now the authorities have judged the way they have. That battle is lost in my view but getting that message across will take time and the song will be sung and we'll revisit this over and over for years yet.
That's the "Come on City" chant, "We're not really here" and "Bluemoon" out the window amongst many others next time we play the dippers then so.

An offensive chant is determined by how those that are targeted by it feel, not by the people using the words. Yes they have misunderstood the context (and I think they are now purposely using it to their advantage) but we're banging our heads against a brick wall trying to argue it now the authorities have judged the way they have. That battle is lost in my view but getting that message across will take time and the song will be sung and we'll revisit this over and over for years yet.
Yup. The place we live in now states that it is not the intention that counts it's the perception. So, absolutely regardless of the intent, the Scouser's perception takes precedence. I'm stunned all the touchy feely lot on here don't get that.

Yup. The place we live in now states that it is not the intention that counts it's the perception. So, absolutely regardless of the intent, the Scouser's perception takes precedence. I'm stunned all the touchy feely lot on here don't get that.
Some of us get it, but don’t accept it.

Get it?

It seems like the thin end of a particularly dangerous wedge.
Will chants calling certain pundits, referees, players etc wankers, require an apology/condemnation.
Will ..........now fck off home be viewed as offensive? You're shit and you know you are? Even Tearing.....apart again?
Where will such thin skinned nonsense end?
Back in the old days (copyright aldo and thommo) if modern rules applied, were shit and we know We are , we're so shit it's unbelievable, we'd be sanctioned for singing about ourselves

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.