Liverpool FA Cup s/f (N) | Post Match Thread

Fucking pissed off. Shite performances from several players and I don't think Pep was interested as his subs showed.

Second year in a row he's thrown a semi final and it's pissing me off now.
It's baffling with the subs.

I get what your saying, all strikers miss chances, but the difference between Haaland and Jesus is, if that's Haaland who misses I'm surprised. Jesus on the other hand as soon as he went through I wasn't convinced he'd score. I love how hard he works, but for me he ain't at the level required. I also don't think people are expecting too much of an international striker to bag a one on one in a big game.
Agreed. Sterling is the same. Cant argue with effort/workrate of either but finishing is their biggest weakness. And to have 2 players like that in the same team, comes home to roost at the business end of the season in the big games when you get that 1 chance…..

Compare that woth salah/mane finishing… we need to rectify it…..

Last edited:
Hard to believe what I witnessed in the first half. Now don't get me wrong a full strength Liverpool team is probably always going to beat an understrength City team but really? We looked beaten as soon as the game kicked off. Terrified, ponderous, gutless.error ridden. Steffan is a liability that for me never gets off the bench unless Ederson is injured or we're playing the equivalent of the Dog and Duck. He is Margetson reborn and was at fault for all three goals.

The second half was fractionally better, let's face it we couldn't be worse, but once again our poor finishing cost us dearly. We dithered for ages in replacing Kompany and we've done the same with revamping our forward line and getting Ferns replacement/Rodri cover. I could probably throw a proper left back into the mix, as decent a fist Cancello is making of it he was brought here for the right hand side.

Two trophies to win but I'm not sure we have what it takes to get over the line. Quite a big squad shake up is needed in the summer to stay competitive and at the top. I feel this squad has peaked, particularly in certain areas. Grealish is an enigma. Will he ever settle and prove a valued member of the team or squad?I have my doubts.

My sympathy goes to the poor sods facing a long journey back from that shambles. The players should have a whip round and reimburse them.
Shove your sympathy were the sun don't shine, we're going champion's league and Premier league

Last FA cup semi final I will be attending whilst pep is manager…. Why not play the kids in the 3rd round if you clearly have no intention of trying to win the comp….4th FA Cup semi final we’ve now lost.

i don’t disagree with rotation, i’m the biggest advocate of it and frequently argue with my mates about it. however, when we consistently throw important games away it’s incredibly frustrating. also, the more and more they do this then the more and more the fans won’t be arsed going down to wembley for the semis. very frustrating game.
Genuine question fella, was this a bigger game than Brighton? Not for me. We also had (arguably) our best 3 players missing, some of it was forced on Pep but he probably would’ve picked the same team anyhow :) agree on the support/ticket sales, it had an effect on numbers today. They now have a quick turnaround against the rags & will probably bring in Matip Henderson & Jota, maybe even Firminio, not quite the drop off we saw from us first half but maybe enough to drop points

There is a good chance we could play Liverpool in the Champions League final, and like Chelsea with Tuchel last season when we lost twice, we couldn’t win against them once this season and we had three chances. While we were better in the two league performances, it still doesn’t look good for that one game
If we have fit first team , Im not concerned at all. They are ordinary and today’s game showed their flaws and weaknesses.
If we do meet them in cl , boys will be well up for it .

Having those two games against Atletico, with the dippers game in between, had a massive impact upon the game today selection wise.

The dippers enjoyed two easier games against Benfica, being able to make a number of changes for the home game compared to us having to play strong teams in both ties.

Obviously KDB and Walker were injuries which we knew about, but we have no real idea of the fitness of a number of our players and why Pep decided not to play them today.

The PL and the CL are the clear targets for the season and the focus now is to ensure that we perform in the games which will define the season .

Having said that the first half performance was a massive shock, obviously not helped by the performance of Steffen.

Get a grip. Do you have any clue what condition some of the players are in? We’re a couple of injuries away from our season going tits up, Pep is trying to save their legs. Liverpool only just scraped through today and that was against our weakened team. One think I don’t agree on is not playing Ederson, we’d have won today if he played.
I get a grip? You don’t think Mahrez could’ve come on 10-15 mins earlier? He wouldn’t have come on at all if Jesus wasn’t hobbling around. He came on and he created a goal. I’m not here saying get Rodri and KDB on. If anyone needs a rest for the run in, it’s Bernado. Save his legs.

If we’re going to throw it away, we should throw it away at the earlier stages. Only our success in the league and CL would justify our approach today. I’m all for protecting and resting players to save their legs. But I think an earlier change or two before the 80th minute and we’ve got a fair chance of equalising this game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.