Liverpool Game is a must Win

scotty

We now have one game in hand which i think is against Everton at home. So Liverpool on Sunday becomes a very big game , if we win we go four points clear of them and a game in hand, if we win that we will be 7 points clear of Liverpool meaning they need three games to get on level terms without us picking up any points, a little cuchion at this stage of the season would be invaluable, so i hope we lift the roof on sunday and find an attacking performance to take the spoils, come on city turn up for the masses

I would say it is pretty much a must win. The Stoke game wasn't however, this game is.

california blue said:
its not a must win - id like some sort of result though

actually it is..if dippers win, they will be two points ahead of us, and we got chelsea the game after, and we will lose that, and if dippers win w/e game they have, they will be 5 ahead of us..

blue John said:
It is more of a must win for Liverpool
Yep, absolute must win for the dippers, and absolute must not lose for City.

As Scotty says, a win would be just the tonic at this stage but I suspect Mancini will view it as outlined above. I'm expecting 5 defensive midfielders for this one!!

><((('> said:
california blue said:

actually it is..if dippers win, they will be two points ahead of us, and we got chelsea the game after, and we will lose that, and if dippers win w/e game they have, they will be 5 ahead of us..
Thanks for all your suport we just as well sent the 2nd string down to save a bit of money in fact fuck it lets just not turn up and give Chelsea the points

Lets just take one game at a time - dont get high with this 'must win' bullshit - this is city we're talking about.

At the end of the day the team who deserves it will be 4th

It could be city, it could be the dippers, it could be spurs,villa or even everton - long way to go yet and nothing will be decided in the next couple games

><((('> said:
california blue said:

Exactly right, the way these positions change around are extraordinary , i mean a few games ago Arsenal were top of the league?
Sunday is extremely important anybody thinking it isn't, is deluded.
PLD PTS
1 Chelsea 26 58
2 Manchester United 26 57
3 Arsenal 26 52
4 Manchester City 25 45
5 Liverpool 26 44
6 Tottenham Hotspur 26 43
7 Aston Villa 25 42

This constant "we must win this game" bullshit really gets on my nerves. It's schoolboy thinking. If the OP has a look at the fixture list ahead for all four competing teams, he will realise that one point here or there won't make or break our season. What will more likely decide our fate is whether the teams fighting to avoid the drop (all of whom seem to appear on the Bindippers fixture list, but not ours) have the balls to battle for points in their games ahead. Even if we win on Sunday, we might still easily come fifth or worse if the weaker teams just roll over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.