Liverpool (h) CL QF pre-match thread

Liverpool (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate this notion of not wanting to do well in the CL, it’s what the people who have given us more than we ever dreamed of want. It’s what top players and managers want. Christ it smacks of wanting to be invested in little ciddy forever. I am as deflated by yesterday as everyone else, but it will be the sweetest thing if we do this on Tuesday.

After the last two debacles, this game had better be the game we will be talking about for years to come (I mean in a good way, not bad).

Pep's has really stuck his neck out for this game, so he and the players need to deliver on Tuesday night.
I really hope so. It would be typical City to win this against all the odds but then again......

He wasn't exactly brilliant in Argentina's 6-1 thrashing by Spain either. Time for Stonesy to step up to the plate.
I would drop Otamendi. Been terrible last two games.

I agree he’s been poor the last couple, a bit too cavalier and not doing the basics. He’s also lost his mojo for the cross field passes which were stunning earlier in the season.

Downside is that Stones hasn’t played for weeks so would need Laporte to step up to the plate;

Ederson

Walker
Vinny
Laporte
Delph (solid yesterday)

Fern
KDB
Merlin

Sterling (maybe he’ll wear his shooting boots)
Aguero
Sane

IF we are in it early 2nd half would love to see us go for broke - Jesus for Delph and then a

3-1-4-2 formation

Or something similarly inventive.

I’m travelling the 280-odd miles in hope, come ko on Tuesday me and the young lad will be believing.

Yesterday was a shit day and still hurts but on another day we could have been 4 or 5 up at half time AND it wasn’t even our strongest team!

This is a team that’s capable of destroying ANY team at ANY time it’s us.

Keep the faith Blues....

Let’s get tearing into these pricks right from the off and silence the three thousand bellends in attendance.

I hate this notion of not wanting to do well in the CL, it’s what the people who have given us more than we ever dreamed of want. It’s what top players and managers want. Christ it smacks of wanting to be invested in little ciddy forever. I am as deflated by yesterday as everyone else, but it will be the sweetest thing if we do this on Tuesday.

Constantly being shafted by UEFA and referees has something to do with it. Sorry but I don't give a toss about it and would rather rest players for Spurs.

I would put Stones in for this game. Next season it will be Stones and Laporte I reckon. Can’t do any worse defensively than the last two games.

Constantly being shafted by UEFA and referees has something to do with it. Sorry but I don't give a toss about it and would rather rest players for Spurs.

We got shafted yesterday by a referee, so you hate the UEFA yet don't want to get one up on them, I'm sorry that's just small time bollocks, man up and get behind the lads on Tuesday ,Utd and Liverpool fans don't give a toss about City in the CL maybe you should join them .
COME ON CITY !!!!

Aguero or Jesus don't create those chances, so they certainly don't score them. Maybe they score different chances, but anyone who thinks Jesus and Aguero have not had games where they missed a couple of sitters is a completely delusional, Jesus is in shit form infront of goal especially.

Guardiola put out a team that was more than good enough to win yesterday, and should have won by 3 or 4 goals.

It's not his fault players who've been scoring goals all season suddenly missed. I wonder if you were slagging off Pep for starting Sterling and Gundogan at half time?

"Should have won". He took a gamble and lost. For some of us, it wasn't an acceptable gamble. If he wins, he take the credit. If not, he takes the criticism.

Re slagging off, you tell me. You seem to be quite knowledgeable on the subject. FWIW, I wasn't happy before KO at having no strikers. Furthermore, I judge a match over 90 minutes. The "First Half of a Derby Cup" doesn't do much for me.

To give perspective, I think Pep's done a marvellous job this season and treated us to fabulous football. But he's fallible, self-centred and didn't give due respect to City fans on this occasion. If we disagree, I can live with that. And so can Pep, no doubt.

Got to be 3 at the back for me , we need to go for it

Ederson

Stones Kompany Laporte

Walker Fernandinho Mendy

Silva de brunye

Aguero Jesus

I think we can rattle them like the first half yesterday , playing with two strikers will make sure we finish off the chances we create

If we can get two or three in the first half I think they’ll shit the bed , they collapsed at the Etihad and at spurs when they were put under pressure

Pep felt the need of bringing in Gundogan to create 4v3 in middle for us to be able to pass trough their press it didnt work as usual our players freezed at Anfield.

I think he still not happy to start our normal formation with Ferna, Silva, KDB as a midfield trio. I still think he is gonna mix it up somehow even if it backfired last tie big time.

He knows without a clean sheet its nearly impossible to go trough but how to guarantee that 2-3 Liverpool shots wont become 2-3 goals with Otamendi and a rest running around without thinking?

Hard to be optimistic after that shit 3-0 loss, I guess all I expect is the players not to freeze, dont look like they gave up and win the fucking game at least even if its not enough to go trough. 2-0, 3-1 whatever.

Otherwise if we draw or lose this game on Tuesday will mean we havent even been in the tie at all. Against Monaco at least won first leg and were fighting for it until last minute and it was a close tie. Draw on tuesday and it would mean Pool had to really worry about going trough only for 30 minutes in first game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.