Liverpool (h) CL QF pre-match thread

Liverpool (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they’d try and sit back and see if they can hold us off or be in two minds whether to go for it or sit on thier lead ... they (and their current manager as well) are poor at game management if anyone has noticed so I think in all this start-stop start by them we will score two quickly ... then get hold of the game and control it and add a third just before half time ... that’d equal the tie 3-3 and then second half will be a shootout ... we will simply have to score one more than them ... and if we have scored 3 in the first half, no reason why we won’t have the belief to score another 3 in the second if needed ...

I think Pep should prepare the team (and all of us should be mentally prepared for this as well) that we need to score 5-6 goals tomorrow ... get 2-3 in first half and that will be great help but if we go with that frame of mind (at least that’s how I’m going that we need 5-6 and WILL be scoring that many, as we have many times this season already) then their goal or two whenever it comes won’t and shouldn’t dampen us and we should continue to get behind the team ... the players too should not bother if they get a goal and just have their own goal in their minds (of scoring 5-6) and keep going ...

The only thing I’m worried about is our fans starting to sigh and ooohs and aaahs loudly if and when they score one goal ... I’m afraid that we’d give up at that point and that energy can transfer on to players in the stadium ... already lots here don’t believe that we can do it ... stay at home if you think we can’t score 5-6 tomorrow ... I’d rather have those empty seats around me than those moaning and sighing and groaning loudly at every missed chance of ours or if dippers score ...

C’mon City ...
Let’s. Do. This. !!!

Not correct - if they score, we have to beat them by 4 clear goals. Also disagree on the game management - Klopp did a pretty good job last week in the 2H. We of course should have had a penalty and possibly a goal by Jesus, but if we had managed Sat's game as well, we'd be Champions right now.

I think they’d try and sit back and see if they can hold us off or be in two minds whether to go for it or sit on thier lead ... they (and their current manager as well) are poor at game management if anyone has noticed so I think in all this start-stop start by them we will score two quickly ... then get hold of the game and control it and add a third just before half time ... that’d equal the tie 3-3 and then second half will be a shootout ... we will simply have to score one more than them ... and if we have scored 3 in the first half, no reason why we won’t have the belief to score another 3 in the second if needed ...

I think Pep should prepare the team (and all of us should be mentally prepared for this as well) that we need to score 5-6 goals tomorrow ... get 2-3 in first half and that will be great help but if we go with that frame of mind (at least that’s how I’m going that we need 5-6 and WILL be scoring that many, as we have many times this season already) then their goal or two whenever it comes won’t and shouldn’t dampen us and we should continue to get behind the team ... the players too should not bother if they get a goal and just have their own goal in their minds (of scoring 5-6) and keep going ...

The only thing I’m worried about is our fans starting to sigh and ooohs and aaahs loudly if and when they score one goal ... I’m afraid that we’d give up at that point and that energy can transfer on to players in the stadium ... already lots here don’t believe that we can do it ... stay at home if you think we can’t score 5-6 tomorrow ... I’d rather have those empty seats around me than those moaning and sighing and groaning loudly at every missed chance of ours or if dippers score ...

C’mon City ...
Let’s. Do. This. !!!
Are you allowed to take megaphones into the ground? With your positive and optimistic attitude amplified you could encourage other fans to make a 'tumultuous noise" that would scare the shit out of the dippers.

You need to take a break perhaps, as you are telling someone to grow up when you admit your whole posting is currently of a negative mindset.

How can anyone who has watched us this season say we don't have a chance.

There can no room for negativity for tomorrow, the fans have just as big a role to be in the right mindset as the players.

It's okay people saying what is written on here doesn't change anything, but negativity does spread and plenty of City fans want to try and make the difference tomorrow.

Agree - absolutely no reason to be negative. There are some on here who are writing our team off after 2 bad results, when there are 91 sets of fans who would exchange places with us in a heartbeat. I think Pep will have to do some thinking about game management and not always going 100% all out, but that to me is fine tuning. Others like Klopp and Mourinho have far more fundamental flaws in our team which is why we will be Champs in 2 or 3 weeks.

Personally I dont think we will do it tomorrow, but I give us some chance - maybe 20%. And if the boys go out and leave it all on the pitch, I will be proud of them whatever the result.

No one is going to admit to not going, but do you think all the blues will turn up? There could be a few hundred who might not fancy it?

Myself, I'm really looking forward to it now, as I feel we have nothing to lose. Pressure is off now. Shot to nothing. If we go out then all the bad news is out of the way, and we cn just concentrate on winning the league without any cloud hanging over us.

dream scenario would be Raheem scoring the winner, or the goal that takes us to Extra time. But I wouldn't start him. I'd start Jesus, Sane and Aguero if Aguero is fit.

If there are any LFC fans considering going in the home ends - do not do this. You are more unpopular than Man Utd fans now.

I think Aguero and Jesus together is a good shout. They looked dangerous when they came on in the derby and I think they compliment each other quite well. Also will present a challenge that Liverpool haven't seen before either. Then Raheem coming on if we are chasing the game in the 2H and running at Robertson and the rest of the defence could also work well.

I think Aguero and Jesus together is a good shout. They looked dangerous when they came on in the derby and I think they compliment each other quite well. Also will present a challenge that Liverpool haven't seen before either. Then Raheem coming on if we are chasing the game in the 2H and running at Robertson and the rest of the defence could also work well.

We played them together in the 5-0 with 3 at the back and wing backs, sterling and sane were not picked that day,

But don't let two negative results provide the narrative for a season the Premier League probably won't ever see again.

We're talking potentially 99 points even dropping another four points.

That's the cat's whiskers;)

100 points very doable still. Draw with Spurs and knock off the lower mid-table fodder we've got to end the season and that's 100 points on the dot.

14 goals in 6 games to break the goalscoring record, should be done.

I hate to even mention the GPC but if that referee had been selected to ref one of their games after such an inept display in a previous game don’t you think he would have publicly objected?
Why is it at City we just keep taking the hits without protest? Why not openly complain about that thug Ashley tackle on Saturday?
Whilst I would never want to lower ourselves to the levels of Mourinho or Ferguson, it is clear that being “good sports” is not getting us anywhere with the FA/UEFA/officials. Maybe it’s time we went on an offensive of some sort and start drawing more attention to the horrendous injustices we routinely come up against.

You may just have a point there. The piss can did it for years often wrestling his side to a slight mental advantage over officials over media and opponents. In an ideal world, taking the higher moral ground and making it work would be the way to do it but as you say it’s not working for us. GPC would be fuming publicly over the dippers offside goal, our disallowed onside goal, and the 2/3 pens not given in the last two games again dippers and rags the fact that horrible cheating diving twat Ashley Young was probably lucky to even be on the pitch to try break Sergio’s leg. The fact we’re letting it go as we always do feels a bit frustrating. Like I said I’d rather take the higher moral ground but we’re being cheated at every opportunity cos the ****s know they’ll get away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.