Liverpool (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

well any other big game a VAR decision like that) where it was a very contentious decision) its a five minute white knuckle ride, every angle considered, crowd baying for blood, media influencing Stockley Park etc ...today's...well ...a bit of a whimper....no baying for a goal from the crowd, panel, players, manager.... _= NOT proper.........there you go
They made their tiny minds up quickly so it wasn't a proper VAR check? And I've no idea how many angles they looked at.

Another day we should have won this one, but it was more about the run of the ball than anything else. The foul on the goalie by Akanji seemed soft to me, but it wasn’t a clear and obvious error.

By literally every metric we're in a better position now than we were in November 2022.

It’s a different landscape. Lots of cannon fodder at the bottom of the league, a high tide raises many boats. Furthermore, we will be playing catch up after the world club cup. Better than last year? We’ve conceded ground, especially on the road. Wolves and Arsenal beat us without offering too much.

If the **** of a ref didn't blow his whistle for the goal would var have overruled him?
No.
And that other goal should have stood as well. Alison had already threw himself into the net before he was "fouled".
Not even a load groan from us really .....its this sort of thing that fked Pep off. We need a bit of pressure to make VAR and refs properly study these incidents - no good moaning after the event on here. I think Pep secretly thought ''if we had a bit more gnashers shown by the crowd today.....'' sometimes we have to look at our part as well....I know its a 12.30 start and that doesn't help but..its v 'them' after all

It’s a different landscape. Lots of cannon fodder at the bottom of the league, a high tide raises many boats. Furthermore, we will be playing catch up after the world club cup. Better than last year? We’ve conceded ground, especially on the road. Wolves and Arsenal beat us without offering too much.
Agreed league position a bit false

Not even a load groan from us really .....its this sort of thing that fked Pep off. We need a bit of pressure to make VAR and refs properly study these incidents - no good moaning after the event on here. I think Pep secretly thought ''if we had a bit more gnashers shown by the crowd today.....'' sometimes we have to look at our part as well....I know its a 12.30 start and that doesn't help but..its v 'them' after all
How about the ref do their jobs and not bow to media pressure. The crowd have literally zero effect on Stockley Park.

We are not better , we havent replaced gundy and ffs output and experience
And yet at this point last season, when we had both Gundogan and Mahrez, we were behind Arsenal in the league, three points worse off after 13 games, and had just dropped points at home to Everton and lost to Brentford. Considering the level of upheaval the squad has had this summer just gone, considering how many new lads we're having to blood in, and considering KDB, Jack, and Johnny Stones have all been missing/unfit, we're doing very well.

Not too impressed with Guardiola love in with Klopp, same with Arteta.
Further to this, there seems to be a willingness not to lose, rather than win (home manager moaning at 8 mins added on, when level, odd).
The bench today was shocking, how many games with no subs? Did we really need the £45m for Cole Palmer. Net spend fc.
We are not as good as last year, still might be enough, but the aim is surely to improve?
We are in a much better position than last season at this stage, don’t fall for the crap you read about respect for other coaches, it is all mind games. We were a bit unlucky today I think, but hey we are in the mix and, err top of the league

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.