Liverpool icon Hansen: Man City players just not that good

Always liked Hansen, he says what he sees imo and he is dead right here too. If you compare our players to the like of Barca or Madrid we're way behind. I think a fair few of our players are stepping stones, expensive stepping stones at that. Off the top of my head we could probably lose Barry, Milner, Adebayor, Richards, Kolo, Jo, SWP, Lescott, Given etc. That's between £150-200m worth of players and there are more than those whereas our players that are in the very top bracket in the world are Silva, Tevez and Balotelli (if he is everything we're told). Other than that is very much potential rather than product.

The thing that sums it up for me is this; in the summer we spent £26m on Milner. Milner is a very good player, a top class pro, puts in a great shift every week and from time to time scores great goals. All-in-all he's a very good footballer. However, he is nowhere near world class and if we ever do go on to win the league and challenge for the European Cup then I doubt he'd be good enough for the team so he is another stepping stone imo.

Until we reach the point where very good players are world class players we won't go where we want to go. We need at least 3, probably 4 top class players otherwise 2nd or 3rd is the best we can hope for.

hertsblue said:
He is sort of right, 5 wins out of 10 and 2 of those 5 were quite fortunate against Newcastle and Blackpool. Okay it takes some time to gel etc but so far this season we havent dominated any team really. When you look at Stats for the so called big four against other teams they tend to read shots 18-7 but with us its often 6-6 etc.

May come together when and if they click but we are not playing well at the moment and we are far too reliant on Tevez. Its about time our midfielders chipped in more and we started to even look like a threat from set pieces

Liverpool? We dominated their ass's so hard. They looked clueless.

Thanks for your e-mail regarding BBC One’s ‘Match of the Day’.

We apologise for the very severe delay in replying. It was due to a major fault in our systems which meant that our reply wasn’t sent when you first contacted us.

While I understand that you’re unhappy as you feel this programme has been biased against Manchester City, you haven’t provided any examples that I can investigate.

The running order for each edition of 'Match of the Day' is determined by the day's big stories, talking points and most entertaining games. There's certainly no perceived bias to put a team higher or lower in the running order or to give any team less coverage than they deserve. Our intention with the programme is to provide a more comprehensive review of all Premiership action, and in order to achieve this we send a commentator to each match and broadcast longer match edits.

When MOTD returned from its three years at ITV, we decided not to follow their policy of putting all but the main games in a short round-up but, instead the team decided to try and show a few minutes of every game with commentary. It's something the programme has chosen to do, and will continue to try to do. It's interesting to note that over time supporters from a number of different clubs contact us about the placement of their team in the programme. It proves that we can't please all the fans all the time.

We employ pundits for 'Match of the Day' based on their knowledge of the sport. All we can expect of them is a fair assessment based on that knowledge and experience. We do however employ different commentators, pundits and sports reporters to provide as wide a range of views as we can.

We can reassure you that at the time, the points in your contact were included on the BBC's audience log. This is the internal report of audience reaction which we compile daily and which is circulated to all programme makers, commissioning executives and senior management. Your points, with other comments we received, were therefore circulated and considered across the BBC at the time.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us with your concerns.

Kind Regards

Craig Thompson

never mentioned about the time slot just told them i thought hansen and lawrenson are tossers, and that they need retraining otherwise could we have some profesional pundits to replace them?probably a standard letter?

Hopefully he'll have an accident that will mean he can longer appear on MOTD. He's a twat, and I'm now praying to someone on high asking for Him to intervene and do something to the jock twat.

This twat is paid a million a year out of our licence fees. It isn't on.

Joga Bonito said:
Liverpool icon Alan Hansen says Manchester City's signings are being found out.

“Tévez is an exceptional player, but you have to remember that Manchester United chose to let him go.

no alan, tevez chose to fuck the rags off & join city.

I don`t tend to pay much attention to people who have never had the bollocks to manage a team, or ex players who have tried and failed. If they knew what they were on about they would be managers of top teams,not spending the afternoon infront of a screen listening to a commentator describe the action. Hanson was a good player and is entitled to his opinion but its not an opinion i am interested in or pay much attention to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.