Liverpool - no more major transfers this window

Perhaps we should make a big bold bid now to really piss him off. A "Daylight Ribery" sort of move.

vincent said:
Maybe this is type of player they are now looking at..

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/liverpool-lurk-as-sunderlands-cattermole-bid-fails-1741777.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 41777.html</a>

''his English nationality puts him at a premium with the 4+4 quota the Premier League are considering introducing''

WTF is that?!

My take on this - I've come to see that Rafa does not think like anyone else (his rantings and outbursts for example.) He's probably spent too much money on Johnson, and has very little money at his disposal for additional significant transfers. It is well documented how constrained Liverpool are financially, which won't help him.

He sounded a bit sour over not being able to land Gareth Barry, but I didn't know he was even in for him when Mark Hughes pounced. Rafa was trumped !

I am puzzled at press reports of Ribery being linked with Liverpool though. If they have no money, how will they pay for him ? Mmmmm...smokescreen perhaps ?

Take Gerard out of the team for any length of time and IMO they're not much better than us overall.

Gerard is to them what tranny was to the rags.Torres is fantastic too-but man for man are they really that much better?

Better organised and more used to playing together maybe...but then our lot will be a far better proposition next season,especially with the new signings we've made and the likes of Petrov and Bojinov hopefully having a full pre-season.

We could've quite easily beaten them twice last season even with an unsettled team on and off the pitch.

I think we can take at least four points off them next season-though I would rather they win the league than the rags or Chelsea.

Liverpool imho over achieved last season and are very Gerrard/Torres dependent anyway.

As a squad I don't think they can improve on last time - 2 defeats all season!!

But for the fat spanish waiter, no trophies for 3 seasons and the pressure is on for this season.

The strategy has to be strip two key players from the squad of the top 4 then see what happens.

The rags have lost Tranny and Tevez, Arsenal possibly Fabregas and Adebayor. Chelsea Terry and one other. Dippers - Alonso and Mascherano.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.