Liverpool pay City £1 million in "spy" settlement for hacking - biggest PL scandal

I think it is the tip of the iceberg ref not only Liverpool.

The quiet period ADUG went through does not mean they were doing nothing, I think we will gradually release similar "settlements" not necessarily to do with hacking that will involve perhaps Organisations, newspapers or other Clubs or their representatives.

The amount of data City will have collected over the last few years will allow enough settlement money to be collected to pay for any Court of Law process Mr K. may decide upon should things go pear shaped with UEFA.

In other words the late Joe Mercer would be pleased that our owners abide by his "Instead of a short temper have a long memory" maxim.

Obviously just an opinion.

I think it is the tip of the iceberg ref not only Liverpool.

The quiet period ADUG went through does not mean they were doing nothing, I think we will gradually release similar "settlements" not necessarily to do with hacking that will involve perhaps Organisations, newspapers or other Clubs or their representatives.

The amount of data City will have collected over the last few years will allow enough settlement money to be collected to pay for any Court of Law process Mr K. may decide upon should things go pear shaped with UEFA.

In other words the late Joe Mercer would be pleased that our owners abide by his "Instead of a short temper have a long memory" maxim.

Obviously just an opinion.

Yes, there is so much happening behind the scenes we don't know about.

The interesting question for me is why has this been leaked now some 6 years after the event and by whom?

If it is City (and on the face of it looks like it was) what are the motivations?

Looks like a payback or a warning to LIverpool not to fuck about for some other shit they are up to and possibly related to UEFA/FFP

Last edited:
Strange for it to be run again by The Times, maybe they’re connecting dots with regards to the other hacking?
If the login details of the scouting system were left open/unchanged after employees left, then those same login details were possibly the same for eMail and maybe other systems.
If, as it seems, IT security was lax at City, then with the ex-scouts login access, it wouldn’t be potentially too hard to ‘pivot’ into more IT systems, and also potentially gain higher level ‘admin’ access logins. And then exfiltrate data (eg other people’s emails) out of the system.

NB the ex-scouts logins would seem to have been bandied about Liverpool. I doubt that it was the ex-scouts exclusively using the logins. If the logins were bandied about, it’s possible that others (other than Liverpool) like hackers on Liverpool’s system could have come across the logins as well.

The interesting question for me is why has this been leaked now some 6 years after the event and by whom?

If it is City (and on the face of it looks like it was) what are the motivations?
No one will know for sure but it's to City's advantage for it to come out and Liverpool will be squirming. so my guess is the Times source will be blue. The timing is interesting given what the club has already spoken of regarding certain clubs pushing the FFP against us. Seems like Liverpool may still be harbouring a grudge after being caught out a few years ago and it's been let out to damage to the dipper reputation. Be bloody hard to for the shit to stick media wise, but FFS what a fucking disgrace they are

Looks like a payback or a warning to LIverpool not to fuck about for some other shit they are up to and possibly related to UEFA/FFP
Perhaps because our case with uefa is also to do with old news not current finances yet the media are not treating it that way?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.