Liverpool PL (H) | Man of the Match

Man of the Match

• Total voters
I thought it was Kev's best performance for City for years. He ran the game from start to finish and destroyed the LFC midfield. Grealish and Mahrez both unbelievable as well. With these three playing like this we can beat anyone. Gundo was also magnificent. A truly fantastic team performance. We only eased off towards the end to prevent any injuries.
Yep, Kev looked full of it. Top 3 would be him, Grealish and Alvarez for me.

Yep, Kev looked full of it. Top 3 would be him, Grealish and Alvarez for me.
Kev can win the Ballon d'Or this season. His stats are incredible. It is not even his best season but I wouldn't swap him for anyone in the world at the moment. He always steps up for the business end of the season...just like last year.

So... I haven't heard- is there a clamor in the English media today "are City better without Haaland?"

The fluidity with which we played yesterday I have not seen in a season or more much less this one. I love the Norse Kraken but I do wonder myself if we actually are not capable of that flowing intricate style of play with the thunder hammer in the lineup.
Not sure how to have both at once but Haaland simply cannot provide what Alvarez did and the shapes and patterns that were apparent yesterday do not seem possible with the meat shield in... however no one in the team has the tools to jackhammer in 4 goals in a game either.

Intriguing problem innit?

Gundo. The composure to set up first goal and finish the third. Super Jack, KDB, Alvarez, Mahrez and Stones all played well.

Jack Grealish is a superb footballer who is now showing us all what he can do. But I plumped for John Boy who got better and better as the game went on, he was playing like an English version of Beckenbauer by the end of the game.
I always had faith that he'd come good, even in his difficult first season with us. Unlike quite a few on here. I don't think people realise just how much of a shock to the system that coming to work under Pep actually is. Remember Rodri? He didn't set the world alight when he first came to us. Look at him now; one of the top DMs in the world, if not the best. Give these new guys a season to bed in.

Jack Grealish is a superb footballer who is now showing us all what he can do. But I plumped for John Boy who got better and better as the game went on, he was playing like an English version of Beckenbauer by the end of the game.
Agree wholeheartedly about the Barnsley Becks(?) but gave Jack the nod (just)

In the history of Man of the Match on here, does anyone know who has the highest % for a single game.
Jack's 83.7% (and counting) looks hard to beat.
Harland was still only 72.1% for the Leipzig match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.