Liverpool - post match thread.

I'll probably get castigated for this but it is only an opinion. OK?

I am so sick and tired of hearing, both from the media, Guardiola and Manchester City fans, that Guardiola did well with Barcelona, with Bayern Munich!! Yes he did and well done to him but those times are (or should be) a memory, just as ours with our past 2 managers are, and have gone now. Now it is time to concentrate 100% on MANCHESTER CITY!! We need a manager who just gets on with the job here without constantly referring back to his past glories. We need a manager who buys into our team. It's no good pumping money into it, we become what the press and the media accuse us of being, just a money club. We want Manchester City to be a winning club with a winning mentality without always saying we need x player or z player! The new players we brought in are supposed to be the best, let them show us that.

Rant over. Off to the match soon. Come on MANCHESTER CITY. Come on Blues. :-)

Says some of the things I also think too mate. Good post IMO.

I'll probably get castigated for this but it is only an opinion. OK?

I am so sick and tired of hearing, both from the media, Guardiola and Manchester City fans, that Guardiola did well with Barcelona, with Bayern Munich!! Yes he did and well done to him but those times are (or should be) a memory, just as ours with our past 2 managers are, and have gone now. Now it is time to concentrate 100% on MANCHESTER CITY!! We need a manager who just gets on with the job here without constantly referring back to his past glories. We need a manager who buys into our team. It's no good pumping money into it, we become what the press and the media accuse us of being, just a money club. We want Manchester City to be a winning club with a winning mentality without always saying we need x player or z player! The new players we brought in are supposed to be the best, let them show us that.

Rant over. Off to the match soon. Come on MANCHESTER CITY. Come on Blues. :-)
Well said. These are the players the manager has got to work with until the summer, so if his preferred system doesn't work with these players then he better find another one that does. And soon!

Many people on here & in the media, were expecting Liverpool to give us a right ol hiding with glorious attacking football & us to crumble.

Because that didn't happen & they spent most of the game chasing the ball & hoping for a City mistake, it's been written as a tactical mastercalss by Klopp, in spite of the fact that Milner came out straight afterwards & said that those weren't actually the tactics.

It was a shit fucking game with poor quality football & TWO fucking teams, struggling. Not one, TWO.

They edged it, at home.

City are not functioning at the moment, but Liverpool are. So that's Liverpool then, at their best. That's what they have been building towards. A back 9 at home v a 'work in progress' City team.

I look forward to the point when City are at their best, be it this season or next season. It will be better, than that.

I suspect the reason why I was calmer than some on here at the end of that match was that I secretly suspected that we were going to be walloped three- or four-nil by that lot. As last season.

Well, here’s the strange thing. I’m more genuinely angry now than I was immediately after it. And that almost never happens to me. It’s a dull rage that’s been brewing. Waking up on the first day of the year and suddenly remembering was horrendous. The worst of hangovers. And I hadn’t even been drinking.

Thing is, I’m sick – but really, sick to my stomach – of losing to that shower of cnuts. It seems to have been happening year after year, decade after decade, all my life. When I was a kid, going over to Anfield, it would be a gloomy feeling of “Well, we’re not getting anything out of this, are we?” And we didn’t. Time after time, year in, year out.

Why? Why can’t we get anything at that fundamentally silly place, where they think they’re in some sort of church? With their wrought-iron gate and its dirge-like hymn over it. They don’t dominate the league any more, they haven’t dominated it for decades and furthermore, however deluded they may be – and their powers of collective delusion about their club surpass anything else that I know of, and that includes the rags – they’re not going to be dominating it again any time soon. They were ok on Saturday. A fairly good team. Early goal in the first quarter of an hour (yet again for us! we hold the record of conceding early goals in the entire PL this season, I mean, fuck it, what’s going on, Pep?), ok, good ball in from Lallana, good header, Kolarov should have got a better challenge in, should have got any sort of challenge in, in fact, and blah-blah-blah, yes you can say what you like about this or that detail, but the fact is, that was pretty much it. I saw no mighty, terrifying Liverpool team. They were well organized, well drilled, they covered the terrain. Klopp has them playing to their abilities, I’ll grant him that. What I saw was our midfield and attack bereft of imagination, frankly.

So why do we keep losing to these bastards? God, but I hope we smash em at the Etihad. That would go some way towards making up for this hopefully ‘transitional’ season.

We need to fit both Aguero and Jesus in the team, we're not going to score many goals this season if we continue the ponderous play with only Aguero as a goalscorer.
Agreed. Another guy that can score goals will make a big difference to Sergio.

Many people on here & in the media, were expecting Liverpool to give us a right ol hiding with glorious attacking football & us to crumble.

Because that didn't happen & they spent most of the game chasing the ball & hoping for a City mistake, it's been written as a tactical mastercalss by Klopp, in spite of the fact that Milner came out straight afterwards & said that those weren't actually the tactics.

It was a shit fucking game with poor quality football & TWO fucking teams, struggling. Not one, TWO.

They edged it, at home.

City are not functioning at the moment, but Liverpool are. So that's Liverpool then, at their best. That's what they have been building towards. A back 9 at home v a 'work in progress' City team.

I look forward to the point when City are at their best, be it this season or next season. It will be better, than that.

Good post. We have been beaten by both LFC and CFC but frankly I haven't been impressed by either.

If we can stop shooting ourselves in the foot then we might actually win some of these games

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.