Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that's classic case of not understanding the point. If you disagree with Israeli government policy that is one thing - to refuse to shake the hands of Jews is another and isn't linked unless of course you are anti semitic.

It is if you are refusing to shake hands with them because they are Jewish, it is another matter if you are refusing to shake hands with them because they play for an Israeli team.

By the same argument if you boycott Israeli products etc because of government policy over Gaza for arguments sake and their so called treatment of the people who live there why not boycott other countries who are carrying out mass murder of the same people. Or is that different because Israel isn't involved.

What argument? This is whataboutery plain and simple.

It is if you are refusing to shake hands with them because they are Jewish, it is another matter if you are refusing to shake hands with them because they play for an Israeli team.

What argument? This is whataboutery plain and simple.

Er, wasn’t it the Israeli national team and therefore they were all Jewish?

Er, wasn’t it the Israeli national team and therefore they were all Jewish?

Was it the national team? I don't know enough about it, I don't think it was.

Argentina recently pulled out of a friendly with the Israeli national team, I don't think anyone accused them of being anti-Semitic.

This is not the place to discuss this, as far as I'm aware there is no evidence either way what Salah's attitude is to Jewish people.

Attitudes towards Israel are not one and the same as attitudes towards Jewish people, there are folk in here who would have you believe they are, they are simply wrong and they know it.

Was it the national team? I don't know enough about it, I don't think it was.

Argentina recently pulled out of a friendly with the Israeli national team, I don't think anyone accused them of being anti-Semitic.

This is not the place to discuss this, as far as I'm aware there is no evidence either way what Salah's attitude is to Jewish people.

Attitudes towards Israel are not one and the same as attitudes towards Jewish people, there are folk in here who would have you believe they are, they are simply wrong and they know it.

I’d assumed it was so maybe wrong, to be honest I couldn’t care less, the shaking hands before players then go and cheat to win at any means or get the opposing players sent off is a joke anyway. Can’t believe they make kids in junior football do it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.