1. Manchester City (£1.4bn)

2. Barcelona (£1.015bn)

3. Paris Saint-Germain (£1.014bn)

4. Chelsea (£1bn)

5. Manchester United (£898m)

6. Real Madrid (£862m)

7. Liverpool (£820m)

8. Juventus (£811m)
What's the timescale for that lot (presuming it is the same for all of them), 8 or 10 years?

As regards the video I didn't bother watching it myself but I wonder if the Geordie is aware that the Sheikh was looking at a few options before he settled on us, this included (I beleive) Newcastle & Everton. Is it jealousy that fuels his rage or just the fact that he's a Newcastle fan?

I could be mistaken but I think there’s even more to it than that. I’m sure I read somewhere that Liverpool’s owner at the time McKenna was also the Football League chairman so there were conflicts of interest all over the place. It’s also rumoured that this fixed match between United and Liverpool was the leverage used by Henry “Bent as a nine Bob note and later Banned For Life” Norris to lobby for Arsenal to be elected into the First Division straight after WW1. Of course, that utter fucking lunatic Tony Attwood claims that Norris was doing football a favour by calling out the cheats of United and Liverpool. Yeah, course he was Tony.
Oh don't get me started! One of the 3 men investigating team appointed to see if MUFC & LFC had done wrong was..... MUFC's solicitor! So, Utd's solicitor was investigating his club to see if they had broken the law - er, um, conflict of interest? After months of inaction a newspaper asked what was going on and he admitted he hadn't even spoken to the players involved because he knew they were all of good character! Let's hope UEFA & the FA appoint Bernard Halford or Pete the Badge to investigate us!

Oh don't get me started! One of the 3 men investigating team appointed to see if MUFC & LFC had done wrong was..... MUFC's solicitor! So, Utd's solicitor was investigating his club to see if they had broken the law - er, um, conflict of interest? After months of inaction a newspaper asked what was going on and he admitted he hadn't even spoken to the players involved because he knew they were all of good character! Let's hope UEFA & the FA appoint Bernard Halford or Pete the Badge to investigate us!

That's beyond hilarious Gary! There's so much talk of corruption in the modern day game and no doubt there is, but I honestly believe it was far more bent 100+ years ago

That's beyond hilarious Gary! There's so much talk of corruption in the modern day game and no doubt there is, but I honestly believe it was far more bent 100+ years ago
There's loads of stuff - same man was involved with a fixed game in 1800s involving his previous team. His verdict - extend the League then nobody suffers. The FL verdict after the MUFC-LFC fixed match - extend the League then nobody suffers!

Probably shouldn't have bothered but the Liverpool fan was actually the reasonable one in that conversation. With Brian's reference to £1.3b in 10 years I made the argument that(beside it being £1.4m in 8 years apparently), how is any club supposed to catch up to the top European clubs, post 90s? Or is the idea that "it's not fair that anyone should ever catch them up"?

If it were a drag race(I'm not a fan of drag racing but bare with me) and your starting line is 100s of yards behind the "chosen history cars" starting line every race. If you travel any slower than them, you will never catch them. If you even travel at the same speed... you will also never catch them. So you need outpace them with your nitro boost(owner investment) to win a few races and get that starting line moved nearer to theirs. Only when the starting lines are level, can a fair comparison be made, surely?

EUROPE'S BIGGEST SPENDERS
1. Manchester City (£1.4bn)

2. Barcelona (£1.015bn)

3. Paris Saint-Germain (£1.014bn)

4. Chelsea (£1bn)

5. Manchester United (£898m)

6. Real Madrid (£862m)

7. Liverpool (£820m)

8. Juventus (£811m)

I can't argue with any of that, but that's not the point, the argument is never had and therefore never won, because it is never put.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.