Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get me wrong, I think we will win every PL game between now and the end of the season. However, that penalty was crucial, not just to us taking points off the pretenders, but as a psychological victory. Things could have gone a lot differently. As you say, no guarantee Jesus scores, but a better chance than Mahrez, who has horrific stats re pens.

Remember it would have been Jesus vs his Brazilian teammate who would have faced penalties against him loads of times in training...... so could well have done a number on Jesus

We'd be further clear if we'd beaten Palace,Leicester and Newcastle. So don't be blaming 1 player.
Yep I was saying the same thing when they went 9 points in front, despite them getting an unprecedented amount of good fortune and favourable decisions... we really shouldn't be losing those games and that's what has led to their being any title race. It's the belief that is spurring them on when they have been playing shit and gone behind, that this is their year, luck is on their side and so on... if we'd have pulled away, their heads would have dropped ages ago.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, I think we will win every PL game between now and the end of the season. However, that penalty was crucial, not just to us taking points off the pretenders, but as a psychological victory. Things could have gone a lot differently. As you say, no guarantee Jesus scores, but a better chance than Mahrez, who has horrific stats re pens.

No it wasn’t.

Losing to Palace, Leicester, and Newcastle may cost us the title. 1 up in each game. In reality we should be 9 points clear now.

They have been they most consistent team. 1 loss against us. We have been the better team.

Better how? Defensively is about the only way. If you think they are better to watch going forward I beg to differ... far worse this season. Boring and predictable in fact. Their wins were mostly earned outright in those two better seasons I mentioned, not so this season.

That's only looking at it from a football purists perspective, when you take points out of the equation, obviously you'd rather have the points but I thought I made that clear.

They’re pretty much the same as last year just with a better goalie and a proper center back. They still play it long early and frequently bypassing midfield and giving mane and Salah something to Chase.

They’ve never been an entertaining attacking team. They play kick and rush with good players. Exciting if you’re into fast paced scrambling football. Not if you want football.

They’re pretty much the same as last year just with a better goalie and a proper center back. They still play it long early and frequently bypassing midfield and giving mane and Salah something to Chase.

They’ve never been an entertaining attacking team. They play kick and rush with good players. Exciting if you’re into fast paced scrambling football. Not if you want football.
Nah, credit where it's due, when they were at it last season they were good to watch when in full flow, not as good as City but entertaining at least. I'm not seeing it this year, even the dipper pundits have said it "they've not hit the dazzlin heights of last season but they are more efficient". They tried to claim the Bayern game was them back to their best but it wasn't, Bayern weren't at their best at all in those games.

What is true is that it was mainly counter attacking football last season and they didn't know how to break teams down that parked the bus, they have tried to move away from that a bit but they don't have the midfield for it and it shows on the pitch. They have traded attacking potency for defensive stability, a good trade off if you're looking at the table, some would argue but I'm not so sure even that would be true if you reverse the mistakes from keepers and refs.

It's not just that Salah isn't having another wonder season(he's still very good and their front 3 remain vital to them), it's their all around team play isn't as lethal. They weren't relying on the sloppy goals they've had this season half as much, but then again they'd have lost more games when they were off the pace last season. I still don't know how anyone can't see they haven't taken a step back in one area(attack) to take a step forward in another(defence) though.

Last edited:
Losing at home to Palace when winning thats the one that did it, we'd be apoint in front and a game in hand now.

I think they’ve answered the bell recently every time, unfortunately. They’ve only got Chelsea left as a point dropper. City need to win them all. Gonna be hard as f***, but do-able.

Up the blues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.