Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
After spending last week cacking it, and with our record there, praying for a draw, I was a tad surprised how comfortable we looked on Sunday.
This will not have gone unnoticed by sane Liverpool fans and probably Klopp, who after analysing that game will realise that we will take some stopping.
Still early days and a long way to go, but if the old adage that, 'over a season, the decisions even themselves out', rings true, we should be okay.
Will be close though, and dare I say it, 'could go to the wire'!

If their front three are not firing on all cylinders, Liverpool look like a bang average good team. After seeing all the “Joint XI” teams done by pundits and then watching the game, I can HONESTLY say there is not ONE starting Liverpool player I would change for one of the starters on the City team, and that is with KDB in the stands and Sané on the bench. Hell, the only one with a chance would have been Mané for Mahrez, but then Mahrez had more shots and a chance to win it! On second thoughts...! ;-)

They will be there or thereabouts, but Chelsea look stronger than Liverpool right now, and Arsenal are looking better by the week. Not sure how many teams will take points away from Highbury, which is good for us!

If their front three are not firing on all cylinders, Liverpool look like a bang average good team. After seeing all the “Joint XI” teams done by pundits and then watching the game, I can HONESTLY say there is not ONE starting Liverpool player I would change for one of the starters on the City team, and that is with KDB in the stands and Sané on the bench. Hell, the only one with a chance would have been Mané for Mahrez, but then Mahrez had more shots and a chance to win it! On second thoughts...! ;-)

They will be there or thereabouts, but Chelsea look stronger than Liverpool right now, and Arsenal are looking better by the week. Not sure how many teams will take points away from Highbury, which is good for us!

The Emirates get it right ;)

A lot of euphoria on here about a nil-nil draw at Anfield where both teams only had two shots on target.
The draw was a fair result and we didn't outplay them. Possession virtually even.

A lot of us are writing off Liverpool because their attack is below the form of last season.
But they're joint top of the league in spite of a brutal set of recent fixtures
It's quite likely that sooner or later their front 3, or at least one or two of them, will rediscover form. Then they've yet to incorporate fully Fabinho and Keita. Also O. Chamberlain may will be back for the run-in which on paper doesn't look too difficult fixture- wise.
In fact still being joint leaders in spite of all of this only increases their threat level for me.
We will improve when KDB returns but apart from that we're more or less playing at full capacity.
The scousers have far more scope and potential for upping their game as the season progresses.
If the league ended tomorrow are the dippers joint top or third ?

A lot of euphoria on here about a nil-nil draw at Anfield where both teams only had two shots on target.
The draw was a fair result and we didn't outplay them. Possession virtually even.

A lot of us are writing off Liverpool because their attack is below the form of last season.
But they're joint top of the league in spite of a brutal set of recent fixtures
It's quite likely that sooner or later their front 3, or at least one or two of them, will rediscover form. Then they've yet to incorporate fully Fabinho and Keita. Also O. Chamberlain may will be back for the run-in which on paper doesn't look too difficult fixture- wise.
In fact still being joint leaders in spite of all of this only increases their threat level for me.
We will improve when KDB returns but apart from that we're more or less playing at full capacity.
The scousers have far more scope and potential for upping their game as the season progresses.

Oh dear....i think you are definately reading everything from the dipper song sheet. Lets put this another way. Klopp prepped his team from pre-season to be right at it from the first game, with the intention to try and establish a lead even if it was a slight lead over everyone else. This meant going at it in all games (which they were) and from a few weeks ago the usual drop off in intensity was becoming evident because regardless of how good you are you cannot keep that intensity over an entire season.

Meanwhile ourselves have gone about our usual business, and now sit one point better off than in our record breaking season with one of our best players injured missing these games.

Didnt out play them, come on. After their 15 min gen-gen press and madness didnt work they had nothing to offer. We rightly dominated the game and shut the klanfield crowd up. We are not even in the busiest part of the season yet, and all the signs are that the dippers will be fatigued come the end of january, it was remarkable how much they dropped off in that second half on sunday

They were at home, the onus is on them to get the win and bring the game to us, it lasted 15 minutes !! Pep had a plan to try and establish a tactic to nullify their gameplan - and he got it spot on. We were unlucky not to come away with the win, but sometimes that happens.

Pep has shown how he will approach the games now at klanfield, as he said afterwards we just need to open them up more slightly to score in open play which i have every confidence this team can do, and did do occassionally on sunday.

They haven't got a choice regardless in all honesty. Lets say they dont fall out the CL and qualify, Klopp still has to flog his best 11 to have any chance of trying to get another final. Now lets say they do fail and drop into the europa, he doesnt have the squad depth to rotate so a majority of those players wouldl play

He wouldn't play the very first eleven but he cant rotate them all

Be hilarious if it happened
Fair point pal. Let's hope hey ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.