Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might just be me but aren't City and Spurs also looking to win the CL & PL? - didn't stop either of us putting out strong teams in the FA Cup albeit Wolves are a stronger outfit than Rotherham & Tranmere.

Cannot fathom out why Dippers are getting a free pass from the press. If we'd have gone out to lower league opposition fielding a weakened side we'd be hung, drawn and quartered by the media.

Klippety is clearly putting his eggs in 1/2 baskets and it's evident the Dippers don't have the depth of squad that they believe they have. I don't wish for them to have any injuries to VVD or Mo Salad as I want us to beat them to the league with their strongest available team and watch them go into meltdown.

Liverpool have now lost 6 games this season (3 x CL, 2 x cup & 1 x PL) compared to City's 4 (3 x PL & 1 x CL) and Chelsea's 3 (3 x PL).

We just need the twats to start dropping points in the league, taking the league away from them will be delicious. They seem to celebrate defeat, losing last night was all part of Klopp’s big master plan and losing to City Showed how good they are because Pep had to use his nous to beat them.

When we got dumped out of the fa cup last year I was well peed off as it was an opportunity to go lift that trophy. When it went to penalties against Leicester the other week in the league cup I wasn’t too impressed with that as we were in a lottery of spot kicks. You should never be happy about going out of a competition.

Cannot fathom out why Dippers are getting a free pass from the press. If we'd have gone out to lower league opposition fielding a weakened side we'd be hung, drawn and quartered by the media.

Remember in 2016 when City were forced to play at Chelsea in the 5th round on a Sunday late afternoon when we were setting off the following day to Kiev for a CL game? City got hammered by the media (especially Shearer) for disrespecting the FA Cup by fielding a weakened side. Klopp has no such distractions and had no excuse to field a weakened side but seems to getting a free ride from the media.

I understand the dilemma of a Rafa Benitez chasing every point in the league or a manager forced to prioritise between an FA Cup game at the weekend, and a Champions League tie in midweek, but always the team you put out plays to win. Can Liverpool fans honestly say their team played to win last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.