Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s what we’re up against. Watch the first video and then the second

Lol that second video has “agenda” written all over it. Kudos for him searching around for a camera angle where a Brighton player blocks the entire view though.

We weren’t good today at all and I think the views we’re tired and leggy are spot on. Doesn’t bode well as eventually we’ll be punished for performances like this. Something needs to change.

The penalty we got against Newcastle should not have been a penalty but the penalty today was a penalty. Any team not getting a penalty for that would be fuming. Has nothing to do with the F.A., Friend etc. Just complete stupidity by Gross, such an idiot as Brighton weren’t in any danger that game. Had 0-0 written all over it until that point.

We can’t play like this during the run in. If we do it’ll be time for your lot to head over to the Spurs thread instead.

The amount of fouls they got away with whilst everything was given if a Brighton play touched a dipper was frightening, it was the first game I’ve watched them for 90 mins against other opposition and clear to see why the Brighton fans clapped a free kick decision in the 85th min.

Sterling kicks the ball away and pretty much loses control of the ball so i think they dont give them as much, as its easy to just hit the ball away and go down.
Sterling knocked the ball past him, if he hadn't been held he had plenty of time to get to it before any other player.

Surely he was shot?! Flailing windmill arms normally used to ward off defenders suddenly hit the sky, as legs crumble and the upper body is thrust backwards...classic centre mass shooting!

If he were not so protected, he would be mocked. In fact, he is by those not interested in the protection!
I do think it was a pen (stupid by the defender) but I also think there was over-simulation (to say the least) and that is annoying. The solution to this is to introduce rules that allow a booking for over-simulation (drop the word diving as that suggests there was no foul) and still reserve the right to give a pen. By the separating the two actions (and there are two actions in place here - one by the forward and one by the defender) it will remove pressure from the ref and allow a more balanced ruling on the decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.