Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be interesting to see peoples opinions on here if they did, seeing many see us as one of the premier league greats for having done so.
It would be interesting to see the media's opinions if they did, seeing as highest ever points and goal tallies in th PL, along with other records broken wasn't enough to consider City one of the Premier League greats.

Sadly it looks as though the stars are all aligning for them.
Mahrez penalty howler, Pickfords brain fart and an almost unblemished Injury record on their front 3 and seemingly a better injury record overall vs us.
I'm trying to stay positive but with the schedule we have and the never ending injuries it looks as though were going to have a mammoth task in winning it this season.

It’s going to be extremely close I think, as it doesn’t look like either of us will drop many points. Will probably take 95+ points to win it. It’s good though, much more interesting to be in a proper title race than just a procession.

If they don’t win it, it’ll be all the sweeter that they’ve got their hopes up again, like five years ago. If they do win it, then you have to be magnanimous and tip your hat. No one blags the league, it’s only ever won on merit.

He's made 31 posts in four and a half years. There's a whiff in the air.

To be fair I don't expect us to lose on the 3rd. And yes my use of the word probability was slightly inaccurate so also fair, but the trend is fact (9 times over the last 10 years), not myth. Of course if a side were going to break the trend, it would be this City side (as we also did in 2014).

A combination of them being a good side, having extreme luck with a lack of injuries and being very fortunate with favourable decisions has certainly made them a force. I don't see them dropping points over Christmas now so it's upto us to keep pace and be the team to destabilise their momentum when we play them in January. Do that and with perhaps a couple of injuries or fatigue setting in too, we might see them hit a bad run of form and allow for us to open a gap. If God forbid they got a result at our place, not only is that going to give them a gap but that's going to give them an unbelievable amount of momentum too that will be hard to stop. That game on the 3rd will be as crucial as the late season derby at the Etihad with the 1-0 Kompany header imo.

If they beat us on the 3rd there's a high probability that the race would be over. We have to at least draw that game. It's such a shame that the Wolves handball goal and Pickford's unbelievable blunder have put us in this position.

Fucking hell mate, even if they were to beat us on the 3rd I’m not sure I’d be waving the white flag just yet. We’ve been in worse situations before...

troll_football_image_2113e8d31c708d81779f6e45ac03377b.jpg

It’s going to be extremely close I think, as it doesn’t look like either of us will drop many points. Will probably take 95+ points to win it. It’s good though, much more interesting to be in a proper title race than just a procession.

If they don’t win it, it’ll be all the sweeter that they’ve got their hopes up again, like five years ago. If they do win it, then you have to be magnanimous and tip your hat. No one blags the league, it’s only ever won on merit.

Ric ambiguous question which I don't expect you to give a definitive answer to but why is it that were picking up constant injuries and Liverpool are going through unscathed virtually?
Is this a down side of Peps teams, luck or something else?
Just find it strange that our best 3 players in Aguero, Silva and KDB have all had injuries yet Mane Salah and Firminho all ok more or less all season. These little things add up.

Ric ambiguous question which I don't expect you to give a definitive answer to but why is it that were picking up constant injuries and Liverpool are going through unscathed virtually?
Is this a down side of Peps teams, luck or something else?
Just find it strange that our best 3 players in Aguero, Silva and KDB have all had injuries yet Mane Salah and Firminho all ok more or less all season. These little things add up.

I think it’s purely down to luck. Could change the other way in the second half of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.