Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is at least some truth in what you say. I once worked with a Scouser. He agreed that Liverpool had a lot of "scallies" as he called them. He always had a bit of a cheeky grin when talking about them though - rather like an elder brother might talk about his mischievous younger brother. Almost indulgent. I don't recall him condemning them or saying they were scum who let the city down.

I don't think any sub-group of humanity is uniquely wicked, you will find good and bad anywhere, among all races, religions and creeds. But at times the LFC lot really do not help themselves.
I also know that fear is what stops some being brave enough to report the criminals.

Even Slippy G used to hang around with the local ‘gangsters’ to give them legitimacy in the community and there were rumours, that I don’t doubt’ that they didn’t allow him to leave the club.

I've only been there since the disaster but having seen film footage of the stadium at the time, the signage for the outer pens was almost invisible. The obvious place to go was the central pens, particularly when it was clear that thr game had already started. But the operational plan was supposed to deal with that, by sealing off those pens if they were seen to be full, and directing fans to the outer pens.

It should have been clear well before kick-off that the central pens were already dangerously full. In fact, it WAS clear, as TV and CCTV footage later showed. Yet again, the Match Commander, Duckenfield, failed to notice or react. Once the gate was opened, the disaster unfolded as an unrestricted flow of fans instinctively headed into the already overcrowded central pens, which shouldn't have been allowed to happen. The final piece in the jigsaw was the collapse of one of the crush barriers, which led the crowd to fall forward, crush people under foot and suffocate those packs so tightly that they simply couldn't breathe.
totally agree with your points - I think what I am trying to say though is this wasnt 'new' - so many games at Hillsborough this was a problem, it just was exacerbated by not being 'regular away fans' who knew the problem and automatically had the sense to go to the outside pens. Was the operational plan to shut the pens ever implemented though - cos I remember it being a nightmare many a time in league games there so I don't think it ever happened

totally agree with your points - I think what I am trying to say though is this wasnt 'new' - so many games at Hillsborough this was a problem, it just was exacerbated by not being 'regular away fans' who knew the problem and automatically had the sense to go to the outside pens. Was the operational plan to shut the pens ever implemented though - cos I remember it being a nightmare many a time in league games there so I don't think it ever happened
I can never understand why the start wasn’t delayed. Scousers arrived late due to an accident on the motorway and were desperate not to miss the kick-off. That decision alone by those in charge was probably the catalyst to events that followed.

Hi,like your posts and thank you for your time..What I can not comprehend is this. Your grounds are a short distance apart so in effect the same population and socioeconomic issues not a factor. No bad things happen with Everton fans..Just trying to comprehend why Liverpool fans behave this way..am just trying to make sense of this as it really disgusts me. Am I silly in thinking the Shankly life or death quote, and a hankering for previous glory is to blame ? Pleased you have your new stadium agreed..looks mighty impressive. Will not mention Moyes or Cahill..always jinxed us !!!!

My take on it is this and not speaking for other evertonians
The older local kopites can be okay socially and away from mates
The out of town ones can often be the more arrogant as they have no association with the city - similar to united
The fanbase itself does not regulate the idiots within their support and often take the lead from the various social media and supporter groups
They feel they have a reputation to live up to and do it in the loudest and most arrogant way
They genuinely believe that football is nothing without their validation and approval
Evertonians I find in general are more laid back and don't feel we have an image to uphold or show off.
They have a footballing history second to none but off the field they have been involved in more serious incidents than anyone. Until they are brought to task about it or accept responsibility they will not change

I also know that fear is what stops some being brave enough to report the criminals.

Even Slippy G used to hang around with the local ‘gangsters’ to give them legitimacy in the community and there were rumours, that I don’t doubt’ that they didn’t allow him to leave the club.
George Bromley junior had lot to say about him staying

Who is he, please?
He was from a notorious gangster family in Liverpool. He threatened to shoot SG in his legs. John Kinsella ( associate of Paul Massey- executed later ) intervened with Bromley to keep off gerrards back( and knees ) and Bromley himself was later executed at the home of Charles Seiga another notorious liverpool villain. The rumours were that at the time of the rumoured move to Chelsea threats were made to his family. Another rumour was that one of his kids was fathered by another notorious villain- Steven Pancake Taylor. These are all well documented and appears some substance to them, more notably the Bromley/Kinsella incidents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.