Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get all the doom and gloom from a few City supporters on here.
You aren't going to get that many bad calls or defensive mistakes in one game, as you did against Leicester. Laporte back and with defensive reinforcements City will always be up there.
Equally, as others have said, Leeds put 3 past Liverpool and on another day could ahve had more. Lacazette could and should have had more last night.
As you missed Laporte so much last season, it will only take an injury to VVD and Liverpool will be screwed, so I see it all very much still to play for. The same could be said if we were to lose Salah or Mane
I was surprised at how both Chelsea and Arsenal played against us in the last two games. They both seemed so passive almost. I contrast that to the number Pep did on us at the Etihad. No time, hassled us and with the quality in midfield, the quick one twos, the vision and we were shown up totally.
10 games in I reckon City & Liverpool will be up there, but I reckon it will be a scrap all season with all top teams beating each other
This. You're two games in. We've had three but I'm not going to start assuming Everton are going to have an amazing season just because of it. There's still a long way to go yet.

Any other team and the Mane elbow would be a red card. In this instance it wasn't even looked at to avoid embarrassment and the risk that the on field ref would change his mind.The bias towards them permeates every level of English football through the media, the administration of the game, the refs and the VARs. Overhauling them will be a near impossible task but because when they are having an off day other forces will be at play to help them out.

Because their system makes it hard to do. Maybe a team like Wolves will, but very few get enough breathing room to organize their attack to focus on their fullbacks.

Sadly it almost feels like our system pretends it has their fullbacks. :(
This is the main thing I don’t get with our system... why did we ditch inverted fullbacks and traditional wingers for our current approach where it’s our fullbacks that get most of the ball out wide?? It’s mental. And now people want solid full backs to “shore up the defence”?? Fuck no, we need full backs that are attacking beasts and can cross, since inverted wingers seems to be going nowhere any time soon.

Robertson no, and according to the Swedish pundits there is a new hand ball rule makes Jotas goal legit.

Is that the phantom "shirt sleeve" rule that apparently doesn't exist?

The Athletic had an article on handball and said there wasn't one - they thought it was due to some confusion about an image on the IFAB website. The IFAB rule is definitely still bottom of armpit to tip of fingers, but the image shows a green area covering the shoulder, which looks a bit like a shirt sleeve, which may be the source of the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.