Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much wrong with this from RAWK

Fitting that they’ll win it in the most sterile way possible, in the most sterile season imaginable.

No-one gives a fuck about them winning, and no-one will remember it even if they wanted to. No-one gave a shit about their treble when people could actually show up, if they do it again in empty stadiums it’ll be met with little more than a shrug and a yawn.’

It’s hard to know where to start.

other than the all encompassing ‘alert: non-ironic, bitter poster, spits fiction rather than fact’
I think quite a lot of people give a shit about City winning the treble, actually.

Also:
Pickford upset.jpg

Fitting that they’ll win it in the most sterile way possible, in the most sterile season imaginable.

No-one gives a fuck about them winning, and no-one will remember it even if they wanted to. No-one gave a shit about their treble when people could actually show up, if they do it again in empty stadiums it’ll be met with little more than a shrug and a yawn.’

other than the all encompassing ‘alert: non-ironic, bitter poster, spits fiction rather than fact’
And no one bar the dipper loving media gave a shit about the title they lifted in an empty stadium and no one would give shit when they do their bus parade when we've regained the title,

Liverpool are a good side and Klopp is a good manager. They will be back
He is. He's a better manager than some on here give him credit for - you don't win back-to-back titles in Germany and the league and CL while in England if you're not a good manager. However, I think his achilles heel is running players into the ground due to his maniacal pressing game. That's what happened at Dortmund where it unravelled pretty quickly from a position of great strength, and is what appears to be happening at Liverpool now.

It is possible he can address it unlike at Dortmund because on the face of it, Liverpool have greater resources in terms of refreshing the squad with new signings but I'm not sure FSG will back him enough in the transfer market. The impression I get is that Klopp is on a bit of a collision course with the owners and Liverpool fans should be asking why the likes of Everton are outspending them despite their (Liverpool's) revenues rising considerably over the past couple of seasons on the back of 2 CL final appearances and a PL win. Of course, they've taken a hit during the pandemic with no fans allowed in, and that hit will be greater than most other clubs but even so, every other club has taken a hit too and in any case Liverpool have other lucrative revenue streams. It wouldn't surprise me if FSG are looking at an exit strategy as they'd make a tidy profit if they sold the club.

Hah I saw that too earlier. There's a few of them like that. They don't care yet they go on a full on rant.

They care alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.