Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a clear penalty, Dias should not have grabbed him, the second you do that it's a foul anywhere on the pitch, the box is no different.

However, I dislike how it always has to be either a penalty or a dive, it can be both and often is.

Salah should have been awarded the penalty but also booked for diving it was pathetic and I'm sick of pundits using the "its part of the game" or "there's contact" lines to excuse it. Needs stamping out of the game and the only way that happens is if refs start punishing it and also awarding penalties for fouls when a player tries to stay on his feet which is a big part of it.

You do know the contact was initiated by Salah, don’t you, who tried to fend Dias off? If you as an attacker do that, why is the defender not entitled to move your arm away?

Not having a go, just want to know why you think - if you do - that Dias on Salah was a penalty, but Salah on Dias (which happened first) wasn’t a free kick?

It was a clear penalty, Dias should not have grabbed him, the second you do that it's a foul anywhere on the pitch, the box is no different.

However, I dislike how it always has to be either a penalty or a dive, it can be both and often is.

Salah should have been awarded the penalty but also booked for diving it was pathetic and I'm sick of pundits using the "its part of the game" or "there's contact" lines to excuse it. Needs stamping out of the game and the only way that happens is if refs start punishing it and also awarding penalties for fouls when a player tries to stay on his feet which is a big part of it.

What so you think battling for the ball outside the box and only going down inside once you see the ball has run away and will be scooped by Stones is a clear penalty?

Who have the dippers got in the FA Cup this week ?

... No fucker because as usual the shit houses have thrown both domestic cups to concentrate on... er what exactly ?

****'s..!

They’re now focused on the ‘time off championship’. As with the Premier League they’re trailing City who have had two weeks off over Christmas (according to Klopp). Klopp now sees the way to beat City at ‘time off’ by failing in the cups and making league games as meaningless as possible. This is one competition we can’t count the dippers out of. When it comes to awards for doing nothing, it’s hard to beat a scouser :O

They got a penalty, think it was last season v villa (probably wrong), where the defender was about to clear the ball and Mane (i think), just stuck his leg out so the defender kicked him instead of the ball.

edit - Aurier for Spurs

Last edited:
Salah's first touch was poor (as usual) as he overhit the ball and it was running away from him in the penalty area. To compensate for his poor control, he was looking for any excuse to go down, so after pushing off Dias with his arm to regain composure, they both got in an arm tussle and that offered Salah an opportunity to fall with his arms and feet up in the air to give the impression he was impeded.

10/10

What will it take for an existing ref, or a new ref to come along and deal with things in a Nigel Owens (rugby ref) manner....?

I dont go for this hysteria of an "agenda"....every clubs fans feel theres a vendetta against them, or bias towards certain other teams....so i dont see what is to gain from such blatant cheating.

Surely the game (and experience of watching) would improve if refs properly called players for what they are when diving/cheating?

Sadly I think that has become all part of the game...much as I like you, hate it.
It is not confined to one team or nationality, it has almost become the norm.

About the first time I really recall the diving/histrionics (or should that be 'istryonics?) was with Klinsmann. We then went a few years before it was Drogba (see...I blame Chelsea again!) and since then it has slowly crept in to being something that according to some pundits "is all part of the game".

Perhaps the most regular user of that phrase is Cundy on Talksport who views it as something players should do.

Yes Salah went down far too easily, but then there was some contact. As said all sides do it to some extent. The Soucek/Mitrovic one was a prime example, Salah against West Ham and Wellbeck against us beign others where there may have been the faintest of contacts (if at all) and they have gone down.

So is that gamesmanship when they respond to the contact or simply cheating? Oh for simpler times!!!

Whilst there may be times when it is a close call, you then get the complete wankers like Neymar and Rivaldo where you just have to shake your head and laugh at them.
Definitely not a new thing. Back when I was a teen, I remember rooting for France to win Euro 2000 because I disliked Italy for being a bunch of diving cheats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.