Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get all the piss taking about Liverpool on here and enjoy a laugh at some of the comments but to say Liverpool have been luck or are a poor team is ridiculous. They have been in 2 Champions League finals and won 1 . Won the Premier League by a mile and generally been 1 of the 2 best teams in the last 3 or 4 years. Everybody will concede that City have a stronger squad overall but Liverpools best 11 are more than a match for any team in Europe.
Have you been banned from RAWK or something? I’d say distinctly second best to be fair; 6 vs 2.

I get all the piss taking about Liverpool on here and enjoy a laugh at some of the comments but to say Liverpool have been luck or are a poor team is ridiculous. They have been in 2 Champions League finals and won 1 . Won the Premier League by a mile and generally been 1 of the 2 best teams in the last 3 or 4 years. Everybody will concede that City have a stronger squad overall but Liverpools best 11 are more than a match for any team in Europe.
Yeah, as much as I'm enjoying seeing you drop points it'd be nonsense to write Liverpool off. You're struggling at the moment but will find your form again before long I suspect. Still see you as our main challengers for the title.

Yeah, as much as I'm enjoying seeing you drop points it'd be nonsense to write Liverpool off. You're struggling at the moment but will find your form again before long I suspect. Still see you as our main challengers for the title.

Have to disagree, they are only going in one direction in the table.

The injured players aren't coming back, and the ones who have been playing every week to take up the slack are only going to get more tired and more susceptible to injury themselves.

Klopp is right, if they finish in the top 4 it'll be a good result for them.

They have a run of tricky games - Spurs, West Ham, Brighton, Leicester City, City, Everton starting next week that I will be amazed if they're not 10+ points behind us at the end of it and out of the race.

Have to disagree, they are only going in one direction in the table.

The injured players aren't coming back, and the ones who have been playing every week to take up the slack are only going to get more tired and more susceptible to injury themselves.

Klopp is right, if they finish in the top 4 it'll be a good result for them.

They have a run of tricky games - Spurs, West Ham, Brighton, Leicester City, City, Everton starting next week that I will be amazed if they're not 10+ points behind us at the end of it and out of the race.
I hope you're right! Bookies still have them as second favourites though.

Last edited:
See, you're saying the last 3 or 4 years so I assume you mean before this one because who knows what will happen this season?

If we count last season as season 1 and go back, I'd agree you've been 1 of the best 2 teams for the last 2 seasons.

Claiming you were 1 of the best 2 in successive seasons when you finished 4th is stretching things a little. Not that I'd want to accuse a Liverpool fan of exaggerating things for their own argument.

You can claim that during one of those 4th place finishes, you were beaten in the Champions League final (2017/18) but that would be exactly the same as saying Tottenham were 1 of the best 2 teams in 2018/19 when we won the league over you by a point. Tottenham also finished 4th that season and also had a rather fortunate run to a final where they were soundly beaten.

We aren't top of the league yet and while they are still in the title race, they are still our main challengers. Things can change quite quickly with the way this season is going.

I have noticed that I'm far less interested in Liverpool recently, now that our form has picked up. I suppose it's part of human nature but there's always extra when it comes to City from the entitled clubs' fans and of course the UK sports media. I imagine if Liverpool continue to struggle and start dropping even more points, the anti-City topics will start to ramp up again. Especially if United start to fall away. It's all so predictable.

I accept that it might be poor choice of wording on my part. Maybe "bargain bin" is not the right phrase. For that I apologize. All I meant to say is that Liverpool aren't a club to spend 100m+ on a Haaland, Havertz or Mbappe, etc. Compared to their closest European competitors, including us, they can't compete in terms of spending.

In any case, my original main point was they are where they are now because of Klopp, not because of shrewd/wise investments. That's my point. I'm not arguing they have made wonderful signings for well below the cost, in fact, they have mostly pretty average signings.
I did LOL... they paid £75m for a defender and even paid £50m for a carthorse when they bought Carroll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.