Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be so blinkered Karen. Of course he's in it for the money. Maybe not directly through the club, but through all of the other investment into Abu Dhabi that owning the club brings.

Nobody is truly altruistic.
Actually he is in it for the money the club make as well. It is why the CFG were established and small percentages sold off for huge profit. The difference between him, FSG and the Glazers is that he knows he will make more money in the long term by not bleeding City dry each year. He has a 50+yr plan where as them lot don't look beyond the end of the season. He is a businessman like them, the difference is he is far better at it.

Don't be so blinkered Karen. Of course he's in it for the money. Maybe not directly through the club, but through all of the other investment into Abu Dhabi that owning the club brings.

Nobody is truly altruistic.
Not in the way it was suggested , he is nothing like the american owners

I maybe wouldnt be as gushing with praise about City as you, but your last comment is spot on.
It is a sad fact of the game these days that money talks and your owners and our owners are in it for the money. It then also comes into play as to how much they are willing to give back to the club/fans and community and it is here that I think so much of the jealousy comes from.

Nope, your owners are primarily interested in profit maximisation, ours are primarily interested is asset appreciation.

That's why your owners take out and ours put in.

Gems

//If city get haaland with their dirty oil blood money then games finished//
17 wins in a row is what oil money gets you.

God, I can't stand the gushing praise commentators spend the whole match gushing all over Man City.

Only reason they are so iconic is because teams park the bus (poorly) and give up, never choosing to have a go at them

Only reason is financial doping. That’s literally the only reason.

No way such a unique generational talent is going to the most soul-less plastic club on earth, he is going to Madrid or Bayern

Imagine being a city fan. Your team basically resets every few years with hundreds of millions spent. Can't even get invested in your players because a good third of your signings are flops like Bravo who get recycled for more 50 million players like Ederson, your stadium has no soul or atmosphere.

City just buy the league every year. Spent 40 odd million on Nathan ake, 60 million on Dias, 60 million on rodri, cancelo, Mahrez etc.

Players like Danilo get bought for absurd money then shipped off with a worse reputation a couple years later. It's such a sad football club
At last, their attitude towards us seems to be softening.

Gems

//If city get haaland with their dirty oil blood money then games finished//
17 wins in a row is what oil money gets you.

God, I can't stand the gushing praise commentators spend the whole match gushing all over Man City.

Only reason they are so iconic is because teams park the bus (poorly) and give up, never choosing to have a go at them

Only reason is financial doping. That’s literally the only reason.

No way such a unique generational talent is going to the most soul-less plastic club on earth, he is going to Madrid or Bayern

Imagine being a city fan. Your team basically resets every few years with hundreds of millions spent. Can't even get invested in your players because a good third of your signings are flops like Bravo who get recycled for more 50 million players like Ederson, your stadium has no soul or atmosphere.

City just buy the league every year. Spent 40 odd million on Nathan ake, 60 million on Dias, 60 million on rodri, cancelo, Mahrez etc.

Players like Danilo get bought for absurd money then shipped off with a worse reputation a couple years later. It's such a sad football club
Thought we were irrelevant and they didn't care about us?

"How can a group of people ignore the facts this blatantly"?

Simple....because it suits them.
Logic and facts are secondary to putting one over rival fans.

And to be balanced,there are still plenty of fans who still blame Liverpool fans for the Hillsborough disaster despite the court verdict.
...personally I thought that court verdict should have come with a tag ...something along the lines of ...' you've now been wasting taxpayer's money for over a quarter of a century, attempting to exonorate the awful behaviour of a part of your support by passing 100% of the buck onto a police force who, whilst partially responsible, were not totally to blame for what happened on that afternoon. We're giving you this (verdict) to make you shut up and stop wasting taxpayer's funds, to which you most likely don't contribute'.

Own OWNER is not in it for money , he takes nothing out ,he has spent his money regenerating the local area , our OWNER is nothing like yours
Thanks for that Karen, It is amazing how precise you/I/any other fan has to be so as not to upset/annoy
Ok me simply being here annoys many (Hi Citymike, (insert multiple names here) hope you are well).
As was suggested but didn't expand on, I seriously doubt any owners and, yes I would include yours in that, operate purely for the love of the game. The club/the City wherever they may be in the franchise are all part of a business.
Yes it is obvious that FSG are very much in the typical American franchise mould where they see "soccer" clubs as a nice little investment but are happier to spend more on their US sports franchises.
I do admire your "OWNER" and the investment vehicle that he controls, for putting so much into City. I go past the complex whenever visiting family and am always impressed

I maybe wouldnt be as gushing with praise about City as you, but your last comment is spot on.
It is a sad fact of the game these days that money talks and your owners and our owners are in it for the money. It then also comes into play as to how much they are willing to give back to the club/fans and community and it is here that I think so much of the jealousy comes from.
I don’t know where Liverpool FC are concerned, but you are welcome to pop over to Manchester and see just what our owners have done to regenerate the area around our stadium. They frankly have been a breath of fresh air and Manchester Council will not have a negative thing to say about them.

I don’t know where Liverpool FC are concerned, but you are welcome to pop over to Manchester and see just what our owners have done to regenerate the area around our stadium. They frankly have been a breath of fresh air and Manchester Council will not have a negative thing to say about them.
Very kind of you, i shall pop in for a pint and maybe a game (if lockdown ever ends) when next over visiting family in Bury.
Haven't been to the ground as yet but did play tennis on the campus a couple of years back. Last couple of times I came over and managed to take in a game I took my son to watch Bury before their demise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.