Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bang on, I've said for a while now that team has been flogged to death, and it's showing. Mane, Firmino and Salah can't score for toffee, and unlike us, they have no other players capable of it. Klopp has played exactly the same way without adjusting for the punishing schedules, and the Dippers will now be lucky to get 4th.
What a crying fucking shame, I'm filling up here.
In football if you don't evolve and change your team then you have no chance of any sort of sustained success. Our 2019 team had a different formation and style to the 2018 one and our 2020 team is radically different again.
Klopp seems to lack any tactical flexibility. Look at the difference Tuchel has already made to Chelsea with the same players as Lampard. Under Ferguson the Rags turned into Wimbledon FC in 2013 by lumping the ball up to Van Persie. Ferguson recognised the limitations of that team, but still managed to win the title, though it pains me to say it. The measure of great managers is being able to adapt. Klopp has been found out this season. Klopp is a great motivator and a great short-term manager.

Next some will put some money on it.

And then the papers will report a shit in the odds.

And it all started with a theory

Their front 3 are burnt out and the press has gone completely. Obviously injuries have not helped, but Klopp has a big job to get them firing again.
Salah won’t pass to Mane, Mane won’t pass to Salah.
“Bobby” (makes you sick, I know) doesn’t want to play with either of them.

I know a song about that!

Salah won’t play with Sadio,
sadio won’t play with mo,
mo won’t play with Bobby,
bobby won’t play with both,
bingo builds a bonfire and Virgil sat on it,
if looks could kill they probably will,
games without fans dippers in tears.

March is critical for them now, in a few weeks we'll have a very good idea of whether they are top 4 or even top half.

From there it's a big question or few for their board and team to answer.

Is it really just because of injuries?
If so, is it acceptable for European and English champions to be spread so thin that they fold so easily?
Do they invest? Can they afford it given reduced incomes?
Are the tactics, the staff or the players not sufficient?
Have the achieve d their goal and lost the hunger and desire?
Is it just an unusual season, a hiccup?
Can Klopp take it and oversee a resurgence?
Would having fans there really have made a difference, or is it just another pathetic excuse?

If they take a long hard look at themselves, they'll have to admit they're all just excuses and face the very real questions if can they get through it and bounce back with what they have now? Is the passion there, the quality, the attitude?

Next some will put some money on it.

And then the papers will report a shit in the odds.

And it all started with a theory

The planets are aligning, Gerrard taking over will be exactly the same as when Souness came down from Scotland and thought he would be good at managing Liverpool.

The media keep perpetuating this lie about the dippers being at it for 4-5 years. They were at it 18/19 when they came 2nd in the league and won the Champs League & they were at it last year when they won the prem. Before that they were no where near! And the fact they don't have a squad like ours is down to Klopp and their owners because their revenue is on a par with ours over last 7-8 years (if not better) and with FFP you can only spend what you earn!

Correct. They have built a team not a squad and now they are exposed. They can't rest the full backs because the drop off is huge, do you know who the next left back is after Robertson? Me neither. Shit club, run badly, what could go wrong....

I dont watch much football apart from City.
I have heard for the last few seasons how great this liverpool team are. I have seen them play a few times in the last few seasons.
I watched the first half last night before turning over to watch 'expedition bigfoot' or as my missus calls it ' looking for my family !'.

Now I must be the unlucky person in the world because when ever I have seen liverpool it's just a hoof for the front 3 to chase. Not great football a posh Stoke.

The next time liverpool are playing great football could someone PM please as I keep missing it.

Plus isnt it a shame we are still wearing masks the dippers cant see me laughing at them

Liverpool back where they belong, at the top of the table...

You cannot blame that on injuries. Even with a number of players out, they still have a better starting XI most games than the opposition they are facing.

I am genuinely concerned they won't make European competition next season. While this will be funny to many in the short-term, I think it negatively impacts City in the long-term. Their squad is not built for success across multiple competitions, especially with injuries. However, if they are only playing once a week next season, and have their missing players back, they are more than equipped for that, and would pose a threat to us. I want them to finish top 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.