Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Classy. Especially considering how they behaved towards Jordan Pickford. Threatening him and his family after he injured VVD.
Coz of course there is no promise like a Seany promise!

Was busy at work so missed the whole game today and only found out the result in the car on the way home. My immediate thought was City are trying to be "Spursy" and mess things up or at least make it close.
Obviously nothing set in stone but if it is going to be 1 point again you have to marevl at how closely matched the two sides are.
As has been said, different styles but both effective in what has to be the most competitive league in the world.
For it to come down to the final games (subject to us not blowing it against Southampton) amazes me. I really thought Chelsea would be closer this year and with Varane/Sancho/Ronaldo I expected the other lot to be in the top 4 fighting.
It is galling to lose at any time, it would be even more galling to lose by one point (or on goal scored!) to a side who do not play quality attacking football, but to lose (if it does happen) to City is certainly no disgrace.

Now that the dust has settled and I dont get posts modded (hopefully) like @chester57 pleased at the result yesterday. Thought a great game but the freedom Alonso had was worrying and I bet Vinicius saw that and is rubbing his hands in glee at the thought of getting at TAA.

AFAIC Liverpool FC are massively handicapped by a very large minority of their fans who are absolute cnuts. Nothing new about this; they were that way in the 1970s, it's just it was a lot less obvious unless you visited Anfield. Now social media reveals it to the whole world. Back in the day, if you believed the propaganda, Anfield was full of 40,000 Gandhis, who were the most knowledgeable and fair-minded people in football. And many people did believe that myth.

They could win the quadruple four years running, and their fans would still be cnuts. And that's by the measure of football fans, which, to be honest, is a pretty low standard. And the media still make tin-pot gods of them, because they're too gutless to publish the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.