Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact the standards of crowd management and policing had to be stress tested to such a tragic extent means attending (Chelsea) supporters must be culpable. What other logical conclusion can be drawn? It’s akin to blaming a death caused by speeding on a faulty seatbelt. If you weren’t speeding in the first place then the faulty seatbelt wouldn’t be an issue (in that instance).

The most unappealing thing for me about this enduring denial around their role in Heysel, which is manifest to anyone who has read around the subject and is capable of objective thought, is that many Liverpool supporters choose to ignore the tragedy because to do so enables them to pontificate to others about how their club, and crucially its supporters, are somehow superior to others’. To admit that they caused the death of 39 people would serve to undermine that.

They have absolutely no right to lecture anyone on their superiority, moral or otherwise. They are a group of supporters like any other. Some good, some bad and with a history that is very far from perfect, and one I’m certainly grateful that I’m not invested in. As if winning all those European Trophies somehow extinguishes what they caused at Heysel. How can it? So they pretend it didn’t happen. Or that is wasn’t their fault, when it demonstrably was and an event that should temper and constrain their collective hubris and give them cause for reflection, rather than be consciously ignored so that hubris can remain front and centre.

Because this means more.
I really enjoyed reading that - especially the first paragraph.

Lovely work............ :-)

As they say...It's the hope that gets you!
I think i conceded on this thread a couple of months back...but now the fat lady has sung.
CONGRATULATIONS to City.
From what started out as a seemingly poor season with predictions of low 80s points finish, turned out to be one of the most exciting...barring 93.20!
So well done again...and its going to be even tougher to beat you lot next year....

but...
I shall get in early
22-23 is going to be our year!

In a David Attenborough voice "Ah yes, the call of the Red shirted bin dipper and it's distinctive perennial chirp of "it's our year laaah". For over the past 30 years it has tended to last only till mid November but recently it has gone on for longer, until May on the odd occasion. Only once has this chirp been right and it has even slipped from its perch when within sight of its prey. The chirp is also backed up by some sanctimonious wittering and chest puffing. Also known to be suffering from an almost victim complex as well and never admits to being at fault for any misdemeanours it may get involved in. Not the most liked species on the planet, in fact it is generally loathed by most people but loved by those who work in the media"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.