Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame they didn't call you as an expert witness to the independent inquiry then isn't it? Bit like all those Liverpool fans who know all about our finances and never got called by CAS.

Duckenfield manifestly failed in his duty of care at every stage, knew he'd failed, lied to cover his tracks and got the whole establishment to do the same. He was negligent & directly complicit in those deaths.
He was hopelessly out of his depth on the day.

So far all I’ve seen is fans, including kids getting pepper sprayed for not much reason and a video of some locals battling the police. But being honest I’ve no idea as wasn’t there. But mates who were have said it was bad. There 2 hours early but closed gates on them then told genuine tickets were fakes.
I’m an OOT wool now but originally from Tuebrook.
I was saying the other day, I wonder how many of the fakes were copies of real tickets that, when used, would basically render the genuine ticket useless because it's been registered. You'd hope that a CL final ticket would be a bit more sophisticated than that though.

You also wonder how many people who bought fake tickets genuinely thought they were real, but presumably anyone who bought them through the official channels would have a genuine one.

On the News earlier they said that Liverpool had requested paper tickets for their fans.
Although the crowd was limited in Porto last year due to Covid, my ticket was on my phone.
I can't understand why UEFA would acquiesce to Liverpool's request, notwithstanding their status as European royalty, and compromise security.

So if I understand correctly, the Police were right to have the gates opened ,because there was plenty of room on the stand? How were the fans funnelled? Or was It the fans that caused the problem by all making for closest entrance.
I think the gates opened directly behind the middle pen that why the tragedy happened ........... the majority of fans normally gather down the middle anyhow .......... letting folk in ticketless or not was always gonna lead to problems when there rushing to get in ............ let’s be right this was the 80s when in all honesty the plod etc couldn’t give a Fook about safety.............which was a result of the hooligan element ............the SYP panicked that day had they put an announcement out that there was gonna be a delay then history may have been different ............. takes a tragic event like that to get houses in order sad but very true

You also wonder how many people who bought fake tickets genuinely thought they were real, but presumably anyone who bought them through the official channels would have a genuine one.
If you buy your ticket from anything other than the original source, then you have to accept there‘s a decent chance it’s snide.

Let's get one thing straight. The way the British media have come rushing to defend them before the real truth about fake tickets comes out shows Pep was right about the media bias towards Liverpool. Anyone else the media would reserve judgement until they had a better grasp of the facts. So if somehow the dippers come out of this smelling of roses then within the next decade or two those journalists who have turned a blind eye to their obnoxious behaviour will have blood on their hands when the inevitable happens and there is another tragedy involving the red dippers.
The longer they are given a free pass, the further away from heysel we get and the nearer we are becoming to another footballing catastrophe
Except City. We'd be found guilty despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

So with an allocation of 19,618 tickets 62,000 dippers holding tickets attempted to enter the stadium..
Sommats up... ;)
The quote I've seen said 40k turned up "with either fake tickets or without a ticket." So it's possible that the number of fake tickets was fairly normal and most of that number were just people without tickets.

I was saying the other day, I wonder how many of the fakes were copies of real tickets that, when used, would basically render the genuine ticket useless because it's been registered. You'd hope that a CL final ticket would be a bit more sophisticated than that though.

They were being openly advertised as "blag" tickets.

I'd say 99% of people with a fake knew exactly what they were doing.

I think it has never been disputed by anyone that opening the gates was a mistake. If you know Hillsborough it was the nearest tunnel to the gate that they all went down it and that's what caused most of the crush. As has been said before, the stadium was a death-trap without even a safety licence. It was always dangerous in the Lepping Lane before it became all-seated.
They had to open the gates to relieve the crush that had built up as they didn't funnel fans properly along Leppings Lane, as the operational plan required.

The plan also called for the monitoring of the central pens and required police and stewards to block the tunnel leading to those pens, directing fans to the outside pens. I've seen the video taken after the disaster and you almost certainly wouldn't find those entrances if you were looking for them. So closing off access to the central pens was vital if they were at or over capacity.

Duckenfield, in the Control Room, could see that those central pens were at capacity well before kick off. He failed to react despite a number of messages being relayed to him about the situation. Eventually, he acceded to the demand of the police outside the stadium to open Gate C but didn't instruct them to stop fans accessing the tunnel to the central pens. When the disaster occurred, and the scale became clear, he told his superiors that fans had forced open the gate, in order to save his incompetent, negligent, lying skin. He should have gone to prison but coppers often seem, like Liverpool fans, to be immune to the consequences of their actions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.