Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is with Couthino, just how was he worth £140 million ??? A very good player at the time but 140 mill!???!! What is strange is how he was loaned out to a major European rival after proving that he was worth nothing like the fee paid for him. All very strange, very strange indeed......
I have stated this on more than one occasion yet it’s us who inflated the market ?
Something very suspicious about this transfer.

I watched the 2018/19 season review on Sky. The Kompany goal does run the Sergio moment close for emotion. You can add Gundo’s goals against Villa to the list.

Anyway, it just struck me how much the club has won and the character on show is phenomenal. Pep and the players are so resilient to the onslaught from a genuinely fierce opponent in Liverpool.

Bit off topic but I firmly believe as the years go on the Pep era will be looked back on with a huge sigh followed by I can’t believe the players & the boss collectively continued to reach new untold heights. Coming up against a formidable foe and still keeping our noses in-front.

The rebirth of a great footballing institution.

Now Haaland is onboard and the story will continue…

Last edited:
I watched the 2018/19 season review on Sky. The Kompany goal does run the Sergio moment close for emotion. You can add Gundo’s goals against Villa to the list.

Anyway, it just struck me how much the club has won and the character on show is phenomenal. Pep and the players are so resilient to the onslaught from a genuinely fierce opponent in Liverpool.

Bit off topic but I firmly believe as the years go on the Pep era will be looked back on with a huge sigh followed by I can’t believe the players & the boss collectively continued to reach new untold heights.

The rebirth of a great footballing institution.

Now Haaland is onboard and the story will continue…

Going to be be even better this coming season.

As I see it klopp inherited a £140m asset in coutinho. Pep wasn't afforded that luxury. So to explain the purchases of van dijk and Alison is a bit like buying your kids a PlayStation, 2 mobile phones and a computer and saying you only spent £100 on Christmas presents but you sold granny's old necklace to do it
The season they sold Coutinho, they bought players worth 6m less than they got for him. That didn't include Allison who they bought later, season after I think. So they couldn't have used the Coutinho money for Allison.
It just makes it sound better for them when they quote that.

The scousers can all join in a crowdfunding by pooling their giros for a month to pay the pharaohs wages to get them out of this pickle.

The season they sold Coutinho, they bought players worth 6m less than they got for him. That didn't include Allison who they bought later, season after I think. So they couldn't have used the Coutinho money for Allison.
It just makes it sound better for them when they quote that.
According to TransferMarkt, the season they sold Coutinho (121.5m), they bought Salah (37.8m), VVD (76.19m), Oxlade-Chamberlain (34.2m) and Robertson (8.1m). So they spend 35 million more than the Coutinho deal that year. But they did also inexplicably get Crystal Palace to spend over 25 million on Sakho (and then got 19m for Solanke the next year after an impressive 1 goal in 27 games for them).

Barca wanted him and Liverpool could probably exploit that fact Barca had made even crazier money selling Neymar.

I think the actual fee’s are somewhat irrelevant these days anyway in reality, it’s good for media headlines but that’s it. If a big club wants a player, they’ll just pay what it costs, like we did with Grealish. I don’t think there’s any particular benchmark for what is a £100m player these days. That’s why klopp has done a U Turn and become a hypocrite on his views on paying high fee’s for players. It’s just part of the game.

Money laundering through agents fees.

Liverpool have completed the signing of Uruguay striker Darwin Nunez from Portuguese side Benfica on a six-year-deal for an initial £64m.

The 22-year-old could become the club's record signing, with the fee rising to a potential £85m with add-ons.

They will pay the add on cash if Nunez gets up before 10 in any 7 days on the trot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.