Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fancy running at a loss and having the best centre half/goalie/midfielder/manager.....etc.....
Ah well I'm sure the Premier League and UEFA will turn a blind eye.

How are they making losses when they have that amazing youth set up and don’t need to actually spend money on transfer and agent fees?

How Southampton weren't 3-0 up last night I do not know. Wasteful in front of goal. It seems to be a common theme whenever I watch the dippers, that the opposition carve out plenty of chances but cannot score. I'm not a stats man but I'd be staggered if the goals they concede vs the expected goal conceded wasn't much much lower compared to us. At some point you'd hope that changes and their luck runs out, but I feel like it's always been the case under Klopp and it only costs them in the seasons they're not on their inhalers.
It is, but then it is pretty much every season, so I wouldn't expect a change soon unless Kelleher stays in goal. Allison is statistically one of the best shot stoppers in Europe and consistently saves a lot more than expected.

Liverpool need that, as a big part of their plan is to make sure the game is open enough for their forwards to have plenty of space to attack. That means giving up more chances, and without a keeper of Allison's quality they'd be in trouble.

It is, but then it is pretty much every season, so I wouldn't expect a change soon unless Kelleher stays in goal. Allison is statistically one of the best shot stoppers in Europe and consistently saves a lot more than expected.

Liverpool need that, as a big part of their plan is to make sure the game is open enough for their forwards to have plenty of space to attack. That means giving up more chances, and without a keeper of Allison's quality they'd be in trouble.

Useful insight and the XG ratings make interesting reading. On 17th Feb our XG versus Chelsea was 2.78 and we scored one goal. Arsenal's versus Burnley was 2.21 and they scored five.
Hopefully Erling's finishing is now sorted and our other players will follow him.

These fucking rats are becoming intolerable again (or even more than usual).

One at dinner time saying it's only the media talking about the quadruple. Fucking Terence Trent Darby was on about it weeks ago. I hope we bum the fuckers at Anfield and then the rags fucking hammer them in the FA Cup.

How are they making losses when they have that amazing youth set up and don’t need to actually spend money on transfer and agent fees?
Tbf, the planning and architects fees were probably £150m based on the last time they had plans drawn up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.