Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
last year they heavily underperformed as 5th place finish isnt their level overall but to get from 5th to where they are now with the transfers they had is a fucking joke.
would kind of understand they had got Bellingham, but Fabinho, Henderson (lot of experience) out, and Endo, Szoboszlai, Mcallister in, who are good players, but not world beaters, if anything Gvardiol was a bigger name at Leipzig than Szoboslai, Mcallister is unfortunately turned out crucial for them and his PL experience is useful too.

still its not a transfer window that should turn them into Champions from 5th alongside other 1-2 trophies on top.

of course it needs others being complete shit that finished above them last time like rags and Newcastle.

if it cannot be City I would have Arteta winning it instead of them, can explain it better that last year they were consistent for a long period and the pressure got to them, now signed Rice for record fee, also Timber, Havertz, kind of makes more sense how they become title winners from last season based on that.

that if I put aside the general scouser hate.

of course best would be to put both of these into their place and make them watch us lift 4th PL trophy in a row and send farewell message to Klopp.

its just that 2012-2013 season where we fucked up transfer window(we were looking at RVP, De Rossi, got Sinclair and Rodwell ffs) so bad allowing Ferguson to win his last title and leave on a high makes me angry, hope we dont do that again to Klopp. and again we messed up the transfers, especially given the loss of Mahrez, Gundo, we should have give brought much bigger names as planned (Bellingham) rather than Nunes or Kovacic.
our biggest transfer was Gvardiol which took a lot of time to bring him in, but not sure he actually makes our best 11 when fit.
It takes time for our defenders to bed in..Laporte, Ake and Dias all slow starters for us.

I know I’m jumping in here, but did the referee not return and give Liverpool a free kick rather than a drop ball. Surely he didn’t drop the ball to a Liverpool player?
Idk. I blacked out I guess.
Just rewatching now: Forest shot at about 95th minute blocked by Virgil: corner Forest.
Corner has Gomez holding a player that the commentary actually said VAR were looking at.
At the same time Konate runs into Kelleher... Forest still have the ball... Ref stops play head injury to Konate who appears convieniently to have a head injury whilst Forest is clearly amidst a threatening run of play. Next thing they show is the balling sailing through the air on a goal kick from Kelleher. Within the next phase of play LiVARpool score.
No one followed up on the Gomez penalty shout and clearly the play which was stopped for a head injury should have resumed with Forest in possession and given their place in the table they'd've been happy to kill the game for the point.
Either i missed something or it was a strait crock job. Clattenburg is said to have been denied access after the game into the officials dressing room to discuss and he stated they made the wrong call.
Fuck the swamp dwelling fucks.

So where’s the media outrage? Fuck all apart from a few forest fans. I’ve not even seen it yet but it’s so fundamental and can’t be ignored by incompetence.
Press latest..,... Liverpool may have been unsporting by not giving the ball back but Forest deserved to lose as their fans were poverty-shaming the angelic exuberant bus-smashing lecky fiddling Job dodgers

Who are these skip rats likely to have back next Sunday?

If we face that starting XI today we’ll smash it, but I’ve a feeling we won’t

You can't have watched the game as it seemed genuine enough to me.

Forest their own worst enemies, missed some really good chances, didn't waste time when they got the ball forward during stoppage time, and then didn't clear their lines at the end leading to the goal.
No, I didn't, I do watch ours though, and see the opposition teams timewaste for 95 minutes every week, do we get 9 minutes to grab a goal when needed?

Idk. I blacked out I guess.
Just rewatching now: Forest shot at about 95th minute blocked by Virgil: corner Forest.
Corner has Gomez holding a player that the commentary actually said VAR were looking at.
At the same time Konate runs into Kelleher... Forest still have the ball... Ref stops play head injury to Konate who appears convieniently to have a head injury whilst Forest is clearly amidst a threatening run of play. Next thing they show is the balling sailing through the air on a goal kick from Kelleher. Within the next phase of play LiVARpool score.
No one followed up on the Gomez penalty shout and clearly the play which was stopped for a head injury should have resumed with Forest in possession and given their place in the table they'd've been happy to kill the game for the point.
Either i missed something or it was a strait crock job. Clattenburg is said to have been denied access after the game into the officials dressing room to discuss and he stated they made the wrong call.
Fuck the swamp dwelling fucks.
Cheers, mate. Looks like I’m going to have to watch it because no way could it be a Liverpool ball by the sounds of it. Unless something was missed, or the ball was in the box when it stopped, which confused the referee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.