Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

I wish someone would ask Aldo why he dotes on a club, who shat on him from a great height, the moment they got a chance to resign Ian Rush back from Italy and dumped him after hed admittedly been fairly good for them....
Dont know about you, but that would make me a little bit bitter towards such a club, seems to have pushed him candles-all-blazing closer to the cult. Strange man.
he's still waiting for the pundit gig for Newport County, Oxford United or Tranmere Rovers - all of the clubs he played for more times than the Dippers.

I like RAWK, its so...entertaining..

• Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
xx.gif

Re: Man City - Cheating Bastards - 115 Charges - Nothing To See Here

« Reply #4674 on: Today at 08:20:45 am »

Quote from: OkieRedman on Today at 06:37:22 am
Why do some people seem to believe that the PL does not want to go after City for fear of losing money? I can't wrap my head around it. The PL would not lose a dime if City was relegated. It makes zero sense.
My guess at an answer would be -
The wealth around the City model will give various revenue channels to Prem League that are somewhat unique to sportswash.
The (often illegal) money pumped in has brought a host of top talent to the league (Haaland, KDB, Aguero, Toure, Silva, Rhodri, countless fullbacks etc.) that may have gone outside PL without City sportswash money. This has put a fake shine on the PL “product”. Plus Top managers.
City have won a shitload of trophies that might (after 115 charges) be void making a joke of the PL “product” with likely value repercussions.
City won the Champions League, which might possibly/probably have gone to a team in another European league in their absence (This is a big PL plus on the “brand”.)
Thats before you add in anything potentially dodgy paid to the premier league or Sky/BT to guarantee to boost the City brand and how deep the PL is into promises with the UK government on UAE relations etc.
There is a shedload of money connected to the City sportswash project and a sportswashing club doesn’t need to balance the books or make a return on investment. So it can almost be a limitless and uncontrolled revenue stream for the PL (as it kind of has been up to now)
Additional - City owners also have invested in using/controlling the PGMOL, which makes the whole model even more messy and difficult for PL to clean up.
I’m sure there’s more reasons.

• Legacy Fan
xx.gif

The wealth around the City model will give various revenue channels to Prem League that are somewhat unique to sportswash.
The (often illegal) money pumped in has brought a host of top talent to the league (Haaland, KDB, Aguero, Toure, Silva, Rhodri, countless fullbacks etc.) that may have gone outside PL without City sportswash money. This has put a fake shine on the PL “product”. Plus Top managers.
City have won a shitload of trophies that might (after 115 charges) be void making a joke of the PL “product” with likely value repercussions.
City won the Champions League, which might possibly/probably have gone to a team in another European league in their absence (This is a big PL plus on the “brand”.)
Thats before you add in anything potentially dodgy paid to the premier league or Sky/BT to guarantee to boost the City brand and how deep the PL is into promises with the UK government on UAE relations etc.
There is a shedload of money connected to the City sportswash project and a sportswashing club doesn’t need to balance the books or make a return on investment. So it can almost be a limitless and uncontrolled revenue stream for the PL (as it kind of has been up to now)
Additional - City owners also have invested in using/controlling the PGMOL, which makes the whole model even more messy and difficult for PL to clean up.
Sportswashing < brainwashing !
And yes I don’t even know where to start with the balloon.

• Legacy Fan
xx.gif

1000011851.jpg
We are the premier league stonecutters

• Legacy Fan
xx.gif

whatever helps him sleep at night cause he wont be grafting

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.