Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that puzzles me most, aside from most dipper fans not actually knowing what ANY of 115 charges are for, is they are peeved that the money we have spent is giving us an unfair advantage meaning that they have been denied winning 4 or 5 titles in recent years. Not any other team, just Liverpool.

Yet it was okay when they splashed the cash all those years ago WITHOUT having to comply with FFP - that was okay because it was 'our own money" - Littlewoods contributing heavily to the 'own money' pot of course.

What they constantly fail to appreciate is the money we have spent has, for the most part, came from our 'owners' pocket - therefore 'our own money' too.

Their beef isn't about money - it's about not winning because they have this incredibly arrogant and entitled view that all trophies belong to Liverpool Football Club and any other team that wins one has, ironically, 'robbed them' of it.

If was about money spent, then why haven't the rags been more successful?

It's about being successful and whilst we have had the funds to buy good players, they show now recognition of the fact the Pep has turned most of these good players into great and even word class players. That has nothing to do with money and everything to do with incredible coaching.

The other thing is, we were taken over in 2008 - 16 years ago - so please dippers, how do you explain your complete lack of a single league title in the previous 18 years?

City's fault again no doubt.
After ffp was intruded by UEFA and then the Premier League, owners could not spend their own money on players but could on infrastructure. So the Sheikh couldn't dip into his wealth after 13/14, that's over ten years ago. Don't get me wrong he gave us an almighty leg up in the initial years after the takeover but after that we have been run fantastically and that is what really pisses them off.

Last edited:
This gem from a RAWK, what is it with them and the need to destroy football stadiums and inflict pain and suffering on people

View attachment 116542
I am not outraged by the his desire to destroy the Eitihad, this is the sort of language that appears on that forum on an everyday basis, I have been warning for years that, that Forum is full of unhinged people and one day they will resort to terrorist like tactics to try and right imaginary wrongs

It operates just like a cult, they always have to have a main enemy who has committed an injustice upon them, today it's us, before us it was United, when they fade away to mid table obscurity they will have a new enemy (the teams around them)

I am not outraged by the his desire to destroy the Eitihad, this is the sort of language that appears on that forum on an everyday basis, I have been warning for years that, that Forum is full of unhinged people and one day they will resort to terrorist like tactics to try and right imaginary wrongs

It operates just like a cult, they always have to have a main enemy who has committed an injustice upon them, today it's us, before us it was United, when they fade away to mid table obscurity they will have a new enemy (the teams around them)
Absolutely this.
I remember them having a spat with Spurs a few seasons back and no doubt they’ll be turning on the Tarquins if they win the Title.
The most needy and insecure fan base in living memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.