Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Funny, isn't it. I remember back in the 70's when they were winning everything, playing great football and signing great players and sending them to their reserves for 6 months to learn the Liverpool way.
I know the internet and attention seeking journo's have changed things, but I wasn't bitter about them and their success. They were great to watch. I didn't think about where they got their money from and pissed off with them taking all the best players in the league. Why can't people just love watching great football?
I cant quite believe it now but I can remember as a kid wanting Liverpool to win in europe? I think it was due to the fact the BBC & ITV kept telling me we should all support the british teams in Europe (wonder what happened to that idea) & also the fact I was a bit thick (still am) but as you say I never wondered where all there money was coming from or got bitter about it, I just enjoyed watching good players & good football,
Needless to say that all changed when Heysel happened & I had a couple of trips to Anfield to watch city & I realised what scum some of the dippers really were.

Funny, isn't it. I remember back in the 70's when they were winning everything, playing great football and signing great players and sending them to their reserves for 6 months to learn the Liverpool way.
I know the internet and attention seeking journo's have changed things, but I wasn't bitter about them and their success. They were great to watch. I didn't think about where they got their money from and pissed off with them taking all the best players in the league. Why can't people just love watching great football?

I never thought of football as being "A brand" back in the 70's it was just football. Since the money men and villains took over in 1992 and created their own brand leaders the focus has just been on their chosen few.

Football isn't what we used to call football now, it's politics, lies and envy all wrapped up with a bow held by whoever is pushing the money tokens about on the board.

I cant quite believe it now but I can remember as a kid wanting Liverpool to win in europe? I think it was due to the fact the BBC & ITV kept telling me we should all support the british teams in Europe (wonder what happened to that idea) & also the fact I was a bit thick (still am) but as you say I never wondered where all there money was coming from or got bitter about it, I just enjoyed watching good players & good football,
Needless to say that all changed when Heysel happened & I had a couple of trips to Anfield to watch city & I realised what scum some of the dippers really were.
Could never get behind the supporting English clubs in Europe as you are basically saying here have loads more money so you can buy better players than your competitors - how much extra did United and Arsenal get over a long period of time to keep them up there £100m+? no wonder it was just a top 2 before Chelsea and us came along!

For me they were the standard to which we and others had to reach to be successful. Plus they despised the rags so we had something in common.

The arrival of Murdoch and the Premier League changed everything.

I actually had a bit of a soft spot for Liverpool back in the 90s and early naughties, mainly due to the fact we couldn't beat the rags and they could.
Then we became rivals for the league and that soft spot quickly eroded and I realised just why the rags hated them and in fact why everyone in the prem and half if not all of Europe despises them.

Us shitting on the klopp farewell bollocks has made my season.

Cannot stand the man.
He has something wrong upstairs. Growling and snapping at any reporter/official who dares to ask him awkward questions or disagrees.
He does it because he knows they cannot react. That makes him a coward. In the real world, he would be on his back.
He has done it far too many times to "just be emotions" on the day.
He is a maggot of a man, so good riddance!

View attachment 118193
And he looks like Harold Shipman

I actually had a bit of a soft spot for Liverpool back in the 90s and early naughties, mainly due to the fact we couldn't beat the rags and they could.
Then we became rivals for the league and that soft spot quickly eroded and I realised just why the rags hated them and in fact why everyone in the prem and half if not all of Europe despises them.

Us shitting on the klopp farewell bollocks has made my season.
how many drugs were you on in the late 90s, if it was the same as me and alot of folk on this bored then you prob had a soft spot for the moomins as well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.