Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
That twat doesn’t have a fucking clue.

I often use "we", when referring to Manchester City, as do many other post on here. That’s because I feel an attachment to the club I have supported for more than 54 years.

Our club has never hacked the database of another, nor have any of its sponsors been found guilty of money laundering. And not one Manchester City fan has been found guilty of killing other supporters.

When I started following City, it was one of the preeminent clubs in the country, having recently won the league title and the FA Cup. Within four months, it had won the League Cup and ECWC.

I, along with thousands of others, stuck by City through the dark years of Peter fucking Swales and the descent into the third tier of English football.

And now we are getting our rewards for our unswerving loyalty.

And I’m loving every second of it.

Any Liverpool or Arsenal fan moaning about us being successful after a big injection of cash is just showing their ignorance.

Arsenal had been around nearly 50 years when they won their first league title. They then won 4 of the next 5, after a huge cash injection that got them the nickname "The Bank of England Club".

Liverpool, (the original plastic club, created by a rich man who had a spare stadium after Everton left Anfield) had been stuck in the second division for years when their owners starting injecting money they'd made from the Football Pools. Actual lottery money, with spending so lavish, it would be the equivalent of a Championship club buying multiple £50m players today. What follows? The 25 year period of success that results in 13 First Division titles.

That's history.

View attachment 118970
Strap yourself in for a few more pictures like this in the coming days. Fancy having your pictures taken with those trophies when they’ve never held all those trophies at the same time and that there is currently is a club down the East Lancs currently in possession of all but one of those trophies? Fucking weirdos.

It is common. Barcelona did it with Messi, we did it with Sergio etc. It collects all the trophies won during someone's time with the club. I'm sure we'll do the same with Pep. Hopefully in the desert with an oil platform in the background.

Oh yeah forgot about him. Fully deserved if he wins it. Class manager.
Genuinely love him at City one day - unflustered very confident, tactically astute, great in Europe over the years (got to semi's with a thread bare squad this year as well). This season Villa overachieved with players like John McGinn and Matty Cash...imagine what he could do with our team when Pep goes - Villa have bundles of cash mind you and are looking at ground dev / move...they are setting their sights high as well. Emery NEVER makes excuses either - just bats off the 'meeeja' when they ask daft questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.