Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

The Ederson/Allison debate was well and truly put to bed yesterday. Their keeper had a nigtmare. His distribution was awful with his air shot leading to the first goal. Got away with a very soft call when Dias put it in the net and it looked like he handled the ball behind the line when I think it was Akanji again nudging him.

If dippers,scum or arse had scored a goal like our second then it would have stood, no doubt about it . What we saw was the ref/prem not wanting us to get a two goal lead cos they knew the dippers were beat if we went two ahead at that point, its as simple as that.

Consistency - none.

Accountability - none.

It's all about protecting the established cash-cows and, if that means blatant cheating, then so be it.

Not the best of games, quite tense and IMO a fair result....but I would say that wouldn't I?
Goes without saying it would have been a totally different game had KDB been fit and playing. Perhaps also different if Rodri hadn't been his usual impressive self. Certainly didn't appear to put himself about as much as he usually does.

Doku was impressive but wasteful in my view. Appeared to have the beating of TAA at almost every turn yet didn't push home the advantage with that killer pass. Made all the more surprising in that withy Doku still being on the pitch TAA was able to get up the pitch to score. Certainly a huge loss with Grealish being sick. I think back to that tracking back that Grealish did last year to deny Salah and wonder whether Grealish would have gone back with TAA?

I agree with some that the "foul" on Alison was very soft, but these days I do think it was indeed a foul. Had he gone in with just his shoulder and perhaps got a little higher then I would perhaps say fair play and Dias puts you 2 up. But I think Akanji didn't make a full on jump for the ball and clearly had his hand on the arm/shoulder. OK Alison was pretty poor yesterday but the arm on him from Akanji caused the whistle and from there there is no way that you can say that it was a clear and obvious error.

As for the MOTM, it does indeed seem to be an easy thing to give it to someone who scored a goal. However, I would have thought that the assist from Ake would have drawn alot more praise had the slipping past 2 players been done by Salah/Grealish. Add in the fact that he kept Salah quiet all afternoon then I do think he perhaps deserved it.

And a last thing.....Erling Haaland I do doff my cap. To score the goals you have, to have improved an already great City team, but that record was absolutely shattered. You look at the names in that list of fastest to 50 goals and there are some incredible names...and he has blown them away.
It’s not a foul. His hand is touching Allison’s shoulder with zero force. It’s a clear and obvious error as there is no foul there

Not the best of games, quite tense and IMO a fair result....but I would say that wouldn't I?
Goes without saying it would have been a totally different game had KDB been fit and playing. Perhaps also different if Rodri hadn't been his usual impressive self. Certainly didn't appear to put himself about as much as he usually does.

Doku was impressive but wasteful in my view. Appeared to have the beating of TAA at almost every turn yet didn't push home the advantage with that killer pass. Made all the more surprising in that withy Doku still being on the pitch TAA was able to get up the pitch to score. Certainly a huge loss with Grealish being sick. I think back to that tracking back that Grealish did last year to deny Salah and wonder whether Grealish would have gone back with TAA?

I agree with some that the "foul" on Alison was very soft, but these days I do think it was indeed a foul. Had he gone in with just his shoulder and perhaps got a little higher then I would perhaps say fair play and Dias puts you 2 up. But I think Akanji didn't make a full on jump for the ball and clearly had his hand on the arm/shoulder. OK Alison was pretty poor yesterday but the arm on him from Akanji caused the whistle and from there there is no way that you can say that it was a clear and obvious error.

As for the MOTM, it does indeed seem to be an easy thing to give it to someone who scored a goal. However, I would have thought that the assist from Ake would have drawn alot more praise had the slipping past 2 players been done by Salah/Grealish. Add in the fact that he kept Salah quiet all afternoon then I do think he perhaps deserved it.

And a last thing.....Erling Haaland I do doff my cap. To score the goals you have, to have improved an already great City team, but that record was absolutely shattered. You look at the names in that list of fastest to 50 goals and there are some incredible names...and he has blown them away.
And why thor deserved man of the match

It just shows, if you kick off and moan enough about referees and var, you then get the vital decisions.
Absolutely disgraceful
If you do it on the pitch wearing Sky Blue you get a booking, and don't, whatever you do, be the 3rd man to approach the ref cause that's a booking too.

Embarrassed for Alisson, asking for a foul (they all do it, it's not just him), but disgusted that the ref (and whoever was in his ear) gave it.

REF - "Was there a touch on the keeper? Any sort of touch, 'cause I'm going to disallow this if I can"
VAR - "Well the keeper really just made a hash of it to be honest, but there was a touch on him. I mean it's sort of on his shoulder, but not really enough to...."
REF - "I don't need to hear all that"
REF - BLOW WHISTLE.
ENACT HAND ON SHOULDER MIME
DISALLOW GOAL
SMILE

Cvnts!

If you do it on the pitch wearing Sky Blue you get a booking, and don't, whatever you do, be the 3rd man to approach the ref cause that's a booking too.

Embarrassed for Alisson, asking for a foul (they all do it, it's not just him), but disgusted that the ref (and whoever was in his ear) gave it.

REF - "Was there a touch on the keeper? Any sort of touch, 'cause I'm going to disallow this if I can"
VAR - "Well the keeper really just made a hash of it to be honest, but there was a touch on him. I mean it's sort of on his shoulder, but not really enough to...."
REF - "I don't need to hear all that"
REF - BLOW WHISTLE.
ENACT HAND ON SHOULDER MIME
DISALLOW GOAL
SMILE

Cvnts!
Our mate atwell on var so no surprise

If dippers,scum or arse had scored a goal like our second then it would have stood, no doubt about it . What we saw was the ref/prem not wanting us to get a two goal lead cos they knew the dippers were beat if we went two ahead at that point, its as simple as that.
Totally agree...just seen an article by a Keith Hackett from The Telegraph stating that the "supposed" Akanji foul on Allisson should not have been given and is calling out the inconsistency of the refs/var

I agree with most of your asessment there. Honestly though if the alison fk up when he didnt command his box was the other end.. no way would they have disallowed it... extremely soft for both is an understatement...ahh well only a game.. i thought defensively you were very good yesterday. Well organised ..going forward less so. I think we are both in the mix with 6/7 others this year. I think it may go to the wire this year with 3 teams able to win it with 2 or even 1 game left! Can see it being the Arse sadly..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.