Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's lazy but the term just Manchester started for the rags as just a horrible extremely idiotic throwback, one to how teams were presented in the earliest European competitions it quickly became outdated. Sadly due to our demise and as we became more and more obscure in Europe for a quarter of a century Manchester stuck more with them, teams would generally at least 90% of the time for a decade be presented as the city where they're from.
As the rags won the European Cup when we were champions to avoid confusion we were immediately Manchester City in Europe, by then the practice of naming you the city where you're from had become mostly outdated, UEFA realised they needed to stop this as most major cities had at least 2 major sides so this only confused most.

The biggest confusion came towards in Portugal where Benfica's full name is actually SLB means Sporting Lisbon Benfica, they used to be but called Lisbon in the very earliest editions when they were champions, when really their fans just preferred Benfica so being referred to as Lisbon really annoyed them. Then when Sporting CP (Sporting Club/e de Portugal) got popular people kept referring to them as Sporting Lisbon due to this stupid naming where they're from, while people started calling Benfica the shortened preferred name of their fanbase, instead of Sporting Lisbon Benfica UEFA just shortened it to Benfica while calling Sporting CP the horrible Sporting Lisbon.

You can imagine how pissed off Sporting CP fans got when people around the world referred to them as Sporting Lisbon and not just for a while but over 50 years, rather than very simply the simple shortened term Sporting CP or Sporting Club de Portugal, they were being called the name of their most hated rivals proper name in their eyes.

The same happened in all the very earliest EC editions, wherever a team was from that's there name like Real Madrid were mostly called Madrid, AJAX Amsterdam (name at the time) became just Amsterdam to their fans annoyance, back when Athletic Bilbao was absolutely massive and qualified they went by Bilbao, Partizan Belgrade just Belgrade etc. even the rags weren't too happy initially as just Manchester most teams hated their localised name.

1860/TSV Munich fans weren't happy at being called just Munich as it ignored their full name, they were even more unhappy later when Bayern were called just Munich too at times despite being from Bavaria as in not Munich proper in their eyes.
For the sky blue team in Munich they hated it and despise the German rags makes you wonder why our teams fans aren't a little bit closer, if it wasn't for how badly German's are brainwashed on owners they'd make a great CFG team, sack it let's buy TSV/1860 Munich and make them competitive as that'd really boil Bayern's and their media's piss.
Went to an 1860 match c10 years ago when they were still in the Bundesliga and on the Beer after their Boys were top Bert’s (Bavarian version)

Went to an 1860 match c10 years ago when they were still in the Bundesliga and on the Beer after their Boys were top Bert’s (Bavarian version)

Think it's closer to 20 years back they got relegated but they've got a tremendous supporter base, they did a bit of a Leeds spent way beyond their means but should've been seen as an obvious investment.

They actually co owned the Allianz arena with Bayern too and groundshared the old one too, I'm not sure they even have a proper stadium think they crazily had to sell their rights for it to Bayern.

I'm not sure if they can move back in at some point but they're brassic such a shame as the supporters were tremendously loyal, they hate Bayern and generally raised their kids to grow up 1860 fans too, with their demise they've really fallen on hard times and was in the 3rd on one of the recent FIFA games.

If they have the right to move back into the Allianz arena I think they'd be a great addition to CFG even with a small stake, I'd love to anger Bayern Rummenigge and Hoeness I reckon it'd be worth the investment just for that alone.

Think it's closer to 20 years back they got relegated but they've got a tremendous supporter base, they did a bit of a Leeds spent way beyond their means but should've been seen as an obvious investment.

They actually co owned the Allianz arena with Bayern too and groundshared the old one too, I'm not sure they even have a proper stadium think they crazily had to sell their rights for it to Bayern.

I'm not sure if they can move back in at some point but they're brassic such a shame as the supporters were tremendously loyal, they hate Bayern and generally raised their kids to grow up 1860 fans too, with their demise they've really fallen on hard times and was in the 3rd on one of the recent FIFA games.

If they have the right to move back into the Allianz arena I think they'd be a great addition to CFG even with a small stake, I'd love to anger Bayern Rummenigge and Hoeness I reckon it'd be worth the investment just for that alone.
We went to an 1860 game in 2007 at the Allianz, though the top tier was closed.

The Löwen supporters created a brilliant atmosphere all game.

I have to say that the Allianz is a fantastic arena.

Here's a thought if the authorities had the bollocks to annull Liverpool Football Club after their murdering spree at Heysel , Hillsborough would have never happened , and 97 heartbroken families would have been saved their distress and trauma.
But no doubt they would have re-assembled in some form , like a floating turd , when you think youve got rid of it , it re-surfaces.

We went to an 1860 game in 2007 at the Allianz, though the top tier was closed.

The Löwen supporters created a brilliant atmosphere all game.

I have to say that the Allianz is a fantastic arena.
My DNAs still in there we went up in lift but after a full day on the German beer and not having a clue how to work the thing ended up in power room, nature had to take it's course. We did manage a win though :-)

So maybe he German ownership model isn’t perfect….

Maybe a good piss boiling acquisition for the CFG.

Not seen him interviewed before. What an arrogant tosser. Compare that with how humble Phil Foden is when interviewed. He always gives respect to opponents and plays down his own ability.
He did an interview where he said he had an awareness that other players didn't have. Just before Vinicious Jnr nipped in front of him to score the winning goal in Paris. It would appear that his awareness hasn't improved any since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.